Thursday, March 1, 2012

Germs! Germs! Everywhere!

So far it seems to have been a fairly mild winter with regards to flu's, colds, viruses, illnesses..... then out of nowhere BAM!!!! One day I sign on to Facebook, I scroll down to look at everyone's status updates, and here's what everyone says:

-Hubby is horribly sick.
-Kids were up all night sick.
-All 6 of my kids have been sick all week with no end in sight and now i feel like i might be getting it.
-I'm so sick I want to die.
-Everyone in the office is sick.
-I'm sick. Hubby is sick. Kids are sick. Even the dogs and fish are sneezing.
-Vomited my guts out all day.
-Went to ICC today and sat in the waiting room with a vomiting kid and a woman who said she needed to vomit her mcdonalds up.
-My throat hurts so bad i cant eat.
- I have a fever of 120

Ok, so the only one that was actually on someones status update was the one about the person going to ICC with the vomiting kid and the lady wanting to vomit up mcdonalds. But, you catch my drift. All I see is posts about everyone being sick. Miserably sick. As a person who is highly germaphobic, this literally sets me into panic mode. Literally.
I'm on edge. March is turning out to be a heck of a busy month, and I am already feeling overwhelmed by it... the last thing we need is to be crippled by illness.

I think i'll go bathe in some bleach now! ;)

1 comment:

mom said...

Thats a good idea bathing in bleach. I am just as fanatic as you are alicia. just wash, wash, wash, and disinfect. Dont kiss kids on the mouth and use paper towels for wiping hands so you can throw it away. whew it takes alot to stay well. try not to get around anyone to close