Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Winter keeps on going

I mustve read the calendar wrong.... I was certain it said that spring started yesterday, but surely I wouldnt have woken up to a couple inches of snow had spring started yesterday, right? But then again, this is Oregon and the weather never follows the rules. But then again, it sounds like the weather isnt following the rules anywhere these days!
So yes, we woke up to snow on the second day of spring, which is rather depressing to say the least. This time of year I get major spring fever and all I can think about is how badly I want spring/summer warmer/sunny weather to be here so I can get outside in my yard and plant flowers, smell the freshly cut grass of the mowed lawns in the neighborhood, and not have to be freezing to death! Now that i've lost so much weight, I no longer have that extra insulation to keep me warm, so the cold weather has been MISERABLE for me, it has been sooooooo cold!!!

Whats even more ironic is, we hardly ever get snow in the WINTER, so the fact that its now spring and we are getting snow is maddening. Its been snowing all day, it has not let up. The flakes havent been real big, nothing to make any more accumulation really, but its kept it from melting. Which is also ironic. Here's how snow works in the Willamette Valley. We are rarely lucky enough to have it snow on the valley floor to begin with. But, when it does, it will only snow and stick for awhile if it snows at night. So you wake up in the morning and its snowed. You get excited (in wintertime that is), schools close, everyone freaks out about an inch of snow, but then by 9am, it has stopped snowing and has already begun to melt. By noon, everything has melted except for spots that are shaded, but by days end, those spots are also mostly melted as well. And usually after noon it starts raining.

So, today is ironic on many levels.
1- its snowing
2- its spring and its snowing
3- its after the noon hour, and its still snowing.
4- its after the noon hour, the snow is still coming down, and the stuff that you woke up in the morning to is still on the ground.
Someone please tell me WHAT IS GOING ON???????

Another ironic weather story, last week when Derek was in Wisconsin, it was 80 degress there. In Wisconsin. In March. Wisconsin. Its just weird. Its all weird. Everythings just been so weird this month. When will normalcy return???? Will it return??? Its hard to stay focused when everything seems so out of whack.

On a POSITIVE note.... today I get my migraine medicine refilled. Imitrex. The stuff I take after I get a migraine to make it go away. The stuff I was taking way too often and running out before I was allowed to get it refilled again. The stuff that I had to take so often that my doc decided to put me on the preventive migraine stuff. Usually by the time I am able to get Imitrex refilled, i'm completely out, have been for several days and have been borrowing Imitrex from my MIL who seems to have an Imitrex tree in her house somewhere. This month, i'm happy to announce, that I still have 3 out of 9 pills left! Which is equivalent to 6 migraines. If that makes sense to anyone other than my fellow migraine sufferers. In other words, I had at least 6 less migraines this month than I have in the previous months. I dont know yet if its the preventive medication or not because every once in awhile I do have a "good" month where I dont have many migraines, so we'll see how the next few months go. I'm hopeful though.

I also receieved the results of my 24 hour heart monitor. And they did see that I was having some palpitations (duh), but nothing to be concerned about unless it is persistent or worsens, then i'll need to see my doctor again to talk about it further. But, since the day before Jadon's birthday party, i've only had it happen once, and that was when Derek told me he had to go back to Wisconsin again, which I knew about, but thought it was only for 2 days, but apparently its a bit longer than that. The heart thing has got to be stress related. Which is rather freaky. But then again, completely treatable... I just have to figure out how to relax myself. Wait! I know! See ya'll later! I'm going to Hawaii for a few months, i'll be back in July when the weather gets better and maybe by then life will be back to normal, then i'll leave again in October when the weather gets crummy again!

Oh, i've compiled some pictures on Smilebox. They are of Avery's gymnastics and Jadons birthday party (cant remember if i've posted those or not), and todays snow day.
Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
Photo album generated with Smilebox

No comments: