Saturday, March 31, 2012

It is finished

After several weeks I finally completed a pettiskirt for Avery!  Took forever, but I got side tracked by alot and the project would sit for days, or I ran out of thread and couldnt get in to the craft store.  Not to mention, its hard to sew with the kids awake since they are intrigued by my new sewing machine and want to touch it and push the pedal and try to sew my fingers to the fabric in the process.  Not to mention, theres LONG pieces of fabric involved in these little skirts, and I have a tiny house that during the day is covered in toys which makes it difficult to lay fabric out on the floor, especially long pieces.

She was SOO excited to put it on and has been bugging me for the last couple days to put it on, but it hasnt been done so I've said no. So this morning, when I said "ok Avery,its done, come put it on!" Her eyeballs got huge and she smiled and was excited and then I got it on her, and she wanted daddy to look at her once..... and then pretty much she didnt want anyone else to look.  I tried to get her to pose for a picture, and she refused and kept trying to run from me.  She would not twirl or anything.  She loves the skirt though.  She's just 2 and wishy washy and one minute wants to have every ounce of attention and then when she's finally got it she wants nothing to do with it.  So anyways, love the terrible twos.  But isnt the skirt stinkin' adorable?????  And it was so easy!  Time consuming, but easy.

So that is the first of a couple of new products i'm adding to my tutu business.  Or, at least hopefully.  I need to figure out a good system for making these so that i can get them made in a timely fashion without taking time away from everything else!  It would sure be nice if I had a craft room.

So anyways, I think the next skirt will be a little quicker since theres less fabric involved, but i'm still trying to understand the directions.  I'm really excited to get started though! :)

Oh, and yes, I dont know if I mentioned in a previous post that I got a new sewing machine?  I know i've mentioned that i have been wanting to, and i'm SOOO glad i did!!!!!!!  http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02098030000P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7 Here's the one I got, and while it doesnt have all the bells and whistles, its not top of the line.... it did get really good ratings, it does everything i was wanting and needing it to do, and it has been a dream come true!  I dont know how I used the other one for so long.... which was only like a year and a half if that?  Bless Jadon's little heart for getting that other one for me.  Up until then, I had no interest in sewing and when I needed something sewn i'd just do it by hand (pain-in-the-NECK!) So, in buying my other machine, Jadon sparked my interest in sewing more.  Oh but good heavens that machine did not make things easy to sew on!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the skirt! You're so talented! I'm excited to see your business grow!!