I think she's coming early. This morning I am almost 100% certain I lost my mucus plug. This means that the labor process has begun (the cervix has begun to efface and dilate), although after lots of research, once you lose your plug, labor can begin anywhere from a day to 3 weeks later. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesnt happen until closer to the 3 week mark!!
I had another OB appt this afternoon, and saw one of the other doctors. She didnt seem concerned about it, just wants me to keep doing the shots (I only have 3 left!!!) and if anything changes to call them. My blood pressure was creeping up a tad, but still within an acceptable range... whew!!! Next appt in 2 weeks I will get checked for Group B strep, and see if i'm dilating and they'll be able to tell me if my "cork" is really gone! ;)
Strangely enough, today is the day in the pregnancy when I lost my plug with Jadon... didnt realize this until after this mornings incident! The difference is that with him, I also started spotting right before I lost it.
So what do we do now? Well, Derek is now insisting that I start taking it easy and rest a lot to try to keep her in as long as possible!! Thankfully, i've done most of the cleaning and organizing that I wanted to do before she comes, so I dont need to protest with him! ;) And i've got all her clothes washed, dried and hung. I've got my new bedside cosleeper all set up (thanks mom!!!!!) Really, all thats left is the baby! I know I mentioned that I was going to spend a day cooking meals for after she comes, but I decided that the thought of being in the kitchen ALL DAY LONG, and even worse on my FEET all day long, was really not appealing at all. So, i've picked out a bunch of recipes, and have been making 2 meals a week, but instead of cooking all day, i've just been making the meals for dinner, but then doubling the recipies so that I can freeze the other half of them. Its worked out really well!! I have 6 meals in the freezer waiting for me now!
So, I really feel all set and ready, but praying she stays put for at least 2 more weeks!
1 comment:
I'm praying for you guys.
Here is my never had a baby, thinks she's invincible advice:
Cross your legs and hold her in!
=)
Post a Comment