We spent the evening at the fair. We got in free thanks to Derek's employer, also got a free dinner, thanks to Derek's employer. We just had to pay for parking and for the ride tickets. So, we only spent $22 total!
It was Jadon's first trip to the fair, and the first time Derek and I had been in many years... possibly a decade or more. It was incredibly hot, and I was dripping with sweat.
Derek went with Jadon on 3 little kiddy rides (I was not allowed on any rides since i've got a baby on board.) Anyways, we were a little worried how he'd react to the rides. He enjoyed watching the bigger ones while we were eating dinner. First he went on the carousel while Derek stood next to him and held him. He was smiling from ear to ear, and seeing his little face light up like that just about made my stomach flop into my throat and make me cry.
Then he went on a rollercoaster that was a pretty good rollercoaster for a little guy like Jadon. Derek could barely fit in the seat and had to contort his body to make himself fit. Anyways, Jadon didnt show much emotion on that ride, but he didnt look worried or scared.
Next was the big slide, and looking back at the pictures I took, he had a terrified look on his face the whole way down. Pretty amusing, but he still seemed to like it.
We also went and looked at all the animals, and he liked the horses.
Before the ride started
It was Jadon's first trip to the fair, and the first time Derek and I had been in many years... possibly a decade or more. It was incredibly hot, and I was dripping with sweat.
Derek went with Jadon on 3 little kiddy rides (I was not allowed on any rides since i've got a baby on board.) Anyways, we were a little worried how he'd react to the rides. He enjoyed watching the bigger ones while we were eating dinner. First he went on the carousel while Derek stood next to him and held him. He was smiling from ear to ear, and seeing his little face light up like that just about made my stomach flop into my throat and make me cry.
Then he went on a rollercoaster that was a pretty good rollercoaster for a little guy like Jadon. Derek could barely fit in the seat and had to contort his body to make himself fit. Anyways, Jadon didnt show much emotion on that ride, but he didnt look worried or scared.
Next was the big slide, and looking back at the pictures I took, he had a terrified look on his face the whole way down. Pretty amusing, but he still seemed to like it.
We also went and looked at all the animals, and he liked the horses.
Before the ride started
This is the rollercoaster before it started... it amuses me looking at how small of a place Derek had to fit into.. .he looks like a giant sittin in it!
There they are, second seat from the back, you can barely see Jadon's little head poking up over the side of the seat.
Here's the bottom of the slide... kindof hard to see Jadon's expression though :(
I cant wait to take a shower now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment