We have two trees in our backyard that were never expected to live. I put one in one of the corners without even digging a hole to put it in, and low and behold, the next spring it started growing! The other one I did try to salvage a little. I put it in a big whiskey barrel, but wasnt expecting it to get too big in that.
Well, needless to say, both trees are growing and thriving VERY well! Too well actually. They are getting to be huge, and overhanging the fences into our neighbors yards. Since we live in such close proximity to each other in our small little development, come autumn when those trees shed their leaves, its all going to end up in our neighbors yards.
So, we decided we needed to move them or do something with them. I REALLY love having them in the yard... makes me feel like we have more privacy, plus they provide great shade in the afternoons/evenings! But i'm just not sure what to do with them. It doesnt matter where we move them in the backyard, they are going to get big and shed all over the neighbors.
Tonight we cut one of them down :( and the other one we are going to try to move to the spot where that one was. I doubt this is a good solution, and we will probably end up cutting it down as well.
Anyways, the point of my story was this. I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen after dinner tonight when Derek started working on digging up the one tree. He got the wheelbarrow out, and Jadon was out in the backyard with him. I heard Jadon tell Derek "Thats a dinger binger!" He was talking about the wheelbarrow. All night long he called it a dinger binger. I'm pretty sure he got this terminology off of one of his Little Einsteins shows, but i'm not 100% sure. We were pretty amused by it though. He's just getting to the age where he says adorably cute things unknowingly. Time to get out my paper and pen and start writing down some of these cute phrases! :)
We have this pot holder that I got from someone for Christmas last year, and its a gingerbread woman. One day while we were waiting for Derek to get home from work, I was using this gingerbread woman potholder like a puppet. He loved it, and after that, Jadon really took to this potholder! Now, Gingerbread Woman (thats her name), has to do everything with him- read his books, brush his teeth, sleep in bed with him, etc.
This afternoon I went to get him up from his nap, and laying on the pillow beside him was Gingerbread Woman. He had put her comfortably resting on the pillow beside him. I took pictures that i'll have to post soon, but its pretty cute. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment