Monday, August 17, 2009

Enchanted Forest

Today we went to Enchanted Forest! I love that place, i've always loved it! This was Jadon's first time there. Jadon wasnt feeling very brave today like he was when we were at the county fair. You have to admit, some of the stuff at Enchanted Forest can be a little scary to little children. So, it started right at the beginning when you walk through all the little castles and stuff that are dark inside and some have the scarier characters from the old stories. So, he was very uneasy going through all of those to begin with. Once we got to the rides, he saw the bobsled and wanted to ride that, but Daddy said no. The thing always feels like its going to ride right off the tracks!!

Anyways, we headed up to the kiddy rides, and Jadon's new favorite word lately is "no" so everytime we asked if he wanted to go on something, he said no. We could barely even get a smile out of him... like I said, he wasnt feeling as brave as he did a couple weeks ago at the fair. Anyways, Derek talked him into going on the little kiddy train. The first time they came around, here's the look I got from Jadon... he looks like he is giving me the stink eye!

But, by the time the ride finished he was smiling and looked like he had a slightly good time.
Then we went and sat (the pregnant lady needed a rest) and we watched the Frog Hopper ride for a bit, and convinced Jadon to go on that too. He was fine until the thing started hopping, then he looked like he was going to start crying. His face was white as a sheet by the time the ride finished! However I managed to get a little smirk out of him at the end of the ride.

One of his favorite parts was the water/light show. He loves sprinklers and water, so we knew he'd like that. It had him entranced through almost the whole thing, and he barely moved a muscle, which is weird since he is such a BUSY BODY!
Anyways, here's some other pictures throughout the beginning of the park. Just so Derek couldnt argue with me, I quickly suggested he take mine and Jadon's picture in front of humpty dumpty... my hope was that Humpty would make me look skinnier, but I dunno, I think we look pretty close in shape! :) At least Jadon's smiling!!
He also enjoyed the crooked house, but I didnt get a smile from him until he was coming out.
Derek took him down the big slide from the woman who lived in a shoe. His expression going down was the same that he had going down the slide at the fair- terror!
One of his favorite parts was an area where you can insert quarters and you get to drive a boat around. He and another little boy who was close to his age stood there next to each other "driving" the boats (neither was actually driving as there were no quarters in either of their machines)... he had a blast doing that, and we could have stayed there all day if we had let him!
This was supposed to go up with the other train pictures, but i'm too lazy to move it. This was his face before the train started moving.... he wanted to get off.
By the time we left, I think he enjoyed himself somewhat, and he passed out in the car pretty quickly! Hopefully next year when we go he'll enjoy it a little more.

1 comment:

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Such an expressive little man. I really enjoyed talking to him and Daddy last night... I wish I could hear better though. thanks for the pictures and the update. The camera takes great pics!
... and, Humpty is Way bigger than you... it's all in scale and I think he is not full scale!etsun