Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ooopsy

Soooooorrrrryyyyyy! I know its been a long time since I posted last. We havent had much going on, and to be honest, whenever I sit down at the computer, i'm distracted by spider solitaire. :)
Anyways, we've been pretty good! Jadon's birthday is next month, and so i've been thinking alot about that. He wants to invite his whole preschool class, and we're doing a lego theme, and we'll probably be going to Wacky Bounce for his party. We certainly do not have enough room for all those kids in our house unfortunately.

To make up for the fact that I havent blogged in a couple weeks, i've got lots of pictures for you. :) Here are pix of Avery potty training her toys- her My Little Pony, and her favorite stuffed animal that she sleeps with- an Easter Lamb that we've named Wilbur.
And i'm sure you're probably wondering if we are training Avery right now as well. The answer is no, not really. We are pretty much letting her call the shots. She's at that age where everything is a power struggle (and she is one heck of a stubborn little girl), so things will go much smoother if we let her call the shots rather than "forcing" her to train. Right now, she has been asking to go pee in the potty several times a day, and almost always goes. We ask her alot if she'd like to go on the potty and sometimes she says yes, sometimes no. Last week i asked her if she'd like to try wearing big girl undies for a couple hours while Jadon was at preschool, and she said yes. She LOVED wearing them, but in 2 hours she had 3 accidents and zero pees in the potty. Then she threw a fit when I told her we were putting the diaper back on so we could pick Jadon up for school. I'm pleased with her progress, and i'm in no hurry. There's no point in forcing it and getting into a power struggle with her, as long as she's trained by the time she goes to preschool, which is in a year and a half!
She is much more responsive to praise than Jadon was though, so anytime she goes in the potty and we cheer her on, she gets really excited.


Know what that is???? Its a parking ticket. The first one for us. How did we get a parking ticket??? Well, on saturdays Avery has gymnastics in Corvallis. So this past saturday after her class, we had several errands to run in Corvallis so we stopped at a sandwich shop in downtown for lunch then were going to run our errands. We parked in a metered area, however there were no signs that said what the hours were for the meters, and since it was the weekend, we were pretty sure that we didnt have to put money in the meters. Fast forward 45 minutes when we were going back to the car, and we were welcomed with a $10.00 parking fee! Derek later found out that only on Sundays in Corvallis you dont have to put money in the meters. Nice. Wish they would have had a sign showing that little bit of information!

Here's my almost-5-year-old doing his most favorite activity- Playing mario cart.




Ok, I broke down and did it! I straightened Avery's hair last week! Why???? Well, her hair is so tightly curled that its not getting any longer. We've been curious how long her hair actually is, and she's always wanting me to use my flat iron on her hair. So here are some pictures. She looks so much older!


She's such a pretty little girl :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the picture updates! I can't believe how grown up Avery looks with that straight hair!!! I'm amazed she sat through it, I can hardly sit through doing mine :)

Boo parking tickets and I agree the signs in downtown Corvallis are NOT well marked-at all! How does Avery like gymnastics?

gramma D said...

what a little beauty!