Anyways, I just wanted to post come pictures!
So the first two pictures are of the cupcakes that I made for Jadon's Preschool Valentines Day Party. I was very pleased how they turned out! Usually when I make goodies for... well... ANY event, I always dream too big and try to make bigger and better than I know how or have the time for, so this time I finally nailed it on the head! I even made the little chocolate heart molds on top and they were a big hit with the kids I was told.
Here's Jadon riding his "motorcycle." Avery got this bouncy horse? thing for christmas
from Gramma Debbie and Grampa Byron, however I think Jadon has equally enjoyed it! ;) He decided to use it as his motorcycle one day. It made me laugh how he was sitting on it..... the picture really does not do it justice!. And we finally convinced Jadon to get his hair cut at the barber shop! It was his first time getting his hair cut from anyone other than daddy (or mommy in his babyhood.) He was not thrilled to be going, but once he sat down in the chair, you could tell he thought he was one cool dude. Now he has announced that he no longer wants daddy cutting his hair because daddy is "too slow."
I took a before and after picture, but I apparently forgot to take it off the camera.
I know you're wondering why I want a new sewing machine, arent you?! Well, I want one for several reasons. I've found that I really really enjoy sewing! I've found a ton of things online that I really want to sew! AND, i've found something for my business that I want to do that will require sewing, but I will not tell you here and not until after I've completed it and introduced it .... I dont want the "competition" to find out and try to steal my idea!!!
My current project though- preparing for a little boys (or is it a big boy?) 5th birthday party in just a couple weeks!!!!! I cant remember if I mentioned it or not, but I booked Jadon's birthday party at the bouncy house place, and we invited his entire preschool class last week. Yesterday we had our first rsvp, and hopefully the rest will come too!
Ok, so another post that has taken me over an hour to type!
I took a before and after picture, but I apparently forgot to take it off the camera.
So whats the agenda for the week? Dereks car got maintenanced for $400+ earlier this week, and sometime this coming week he ordered new tires to replace the bald ones he is currently driving around on, so those will arrive this week at Costco and will cost another $400+ . And I'd like to order a new sewing machine. And thats how we spent our tax return, howd you spend yours?
I know you're wondering why I want a new sewing machine, arent you?! Well, I want one for several reasons. I've found that I really really enjoy sewing! I've found a ton of things online that I really want to sew! AND, i've found something for my business that I want to do that will require sewing, but I will not tell you here and not until after I've completed it and introduced it .... I dont want the "competition" to find out and try to steal my idea!!!
So why do I need a new sewing machine for this? Its easy. The sewing machine I have is a beginners one. VERY basic. VERY slow, only 1 speed. I do have problems with it alot, like the bobbin getting tangled, and if I dont feed the fabric through constantly it will get stuck and stitch in one spot and turn into a big knot of thread down below (sorry, i dont know how to explain it any better.) This happens alot and is quite annoying. Anyways, I just need a "grown up" sewing machine so I can do more grown up work. I'll keep my little one, it might come in handy. The machine i'm eyeballing comes with 10 presser feet, 100 built in stitches, automatic needle threader!, etc. Its a step up from what I have, but certainly not the top of the line with all the bells and whistles!
My current project though- preparing for a little boys (or is it a big boy?) 5th birthday party in just a couple weeks!!!!! I cant remember if I mentioned it or not, but I booked Jadon's birthday party at the bouncy house place, and we invited his entire preschool class last week. Yesterday we had our first rsvp, and hopefully the rest will come too!
I made his invitations, and we're going a bit with a lego theme. So a while back we looked at cakes online, and we saw lots of legos cakes, and the cake he decided he wanted was very simple (thank goodness!!!) and i'll make a little cake for him, and cupcakes for his guests. And I bought some silicone molds of lego pieces and lego people, and i'm making candy molds out of them, and i'll put those on his cake and the cupcakes. Very easy peasy! Thank goodness! As I mentioned earlier, I tend to dream too big with these things and they never turn out, so I think I might be able to handle this one! :)
Ok, so another post that has taken me over an hour to type!
No comments:
Post a Comment