It seems like its been a lot longer since my last post, but i'm pleased that its only been a week! :)
So far I havent really had any relief from the medication, and after researching, I found out that I wont notice any difference for a month- which makes sense since that is when I will finally have the full dosage in my system. And, I wont notice the FULL effects for several months.
Life seems like it just continues to get crazier. How can that be???? I continue to feel like I never have enough time in a day, or a week, or a month..... so is the life of a mom I guess! I feel like i've got a million thoughts, ideas and projects, as well as chores, to-do lists, and worries rolling around in my head, but when I go to write it all down I can never remember more than 2 things even though I know theres at least 10 times that much!
I feel like my ears are constantly being talked off. Take now for instance. Sitting here typing this, the kids are sitting here with me painting with watercolors, and every 5 seconds at least I hear "mommy...." "mommy...." "mommy...." and someone is needing something or wants to tell me something. Its taken me 3o minutes to write this. I have to keep re-reading what I wrote.
And about every 10 seconds I have to get up for something, whether its something the kids need, or something I need, or food is cooking and needs stirred... whatever it is, i'm up every 10 seconds. Then I look over at Jadon who's just gotten down, and he's playing with- no wait, let me rephrase- trying to break- the vacuum (that we just got less than 3 months ago.) "JADON!! LEAVE THE VACUUM ALONE!" He knows he's not supposed to play with the vacuum but does it anyways and has an excuse for why but its been 5 minutes now and has already slipped my mind.
Before they sat down to paint, I had to wipe the table off (they had just drank smoothies and Avery had made a mess), Jadon was being impatient and saying he wanted something, so I had to explain to him that I have 2 hands but one body and my 2 hands are connected to just my one body so i cant possibly be in 2 different places at one time, therefore he's going to have to wait for me to finish what I started before I can move on to the next thing.
And earlier today, I asked the kids to help me clean up the living room so I can vacuum it. Jadon helps me, but his little sister is a bit more stubborn and refuses. Outright refuses. So what does she do? Attempts to hit me so she can go to timeout instead!! Then sits and BEGS to go into timeout! Obviously going to timeout will not be punishment, so I tell her she does not get her binky for her nap today. She does not seem phased. She does not believe me. Nothing makes me more irritated than when they think that i'm not going to carry through with a consequence, so i'm sure she was more than surprised when she got thrown into nap without her beloved binky. She screamed in my face and I said ok I love you and walked out. She was asleep within 15 minutes though. Phew. She never did help pick up toys.
So that is how my last 3 hours have gone- Cleaned kitchen after lunch, made some candy molds for Jadon's birthday party, cleaned living room, fought with daughter over cleaning toys, won the battle of the binky, vacuumed, played a bit with son, woke daughter, made strawberry smoothies, painted and started writing this. Its no wonder i'm exhausted all the time!
One thing I also forgot to mention.... Once upon a time we worried about Jadon and being creative and using his imagination..... Today he took a pile (4) of Avery's wet diapers (they were wrapped up, but I had been too lazy to take them into the garage to put them into the diaper pail yet.... [see above paragraph]), then he and Avery took some blankets out of Averys room and I heard Jadon saying they were planting plants. When I went upstairs, there was a trail of blanket piles with diapers wrapped in them.
Apparently they planted diapers.
Parenting is such an exhausting job, and even though they talk my ears off, wont let me pee in privacy, and basically wont ever leave me alone all day long, its definitely got to be the best job ever. I get paid whenever they hug me and say "I love you mommy"
So there ya go, an hour long post that will take you 2 minutes to read! You had better enjoy it!!!! ;)
1 comment:
Oh Alicia! There is no doubt in my mind that being a stay at home mom is by far the most difficult job! I applaud you. Avery and I sound like we may have twins! I think I have a "small" stubborn streak! Heh!
Busy life, but I know it's rewarding! You do a great job! Maybe I'll send my future diapers your way for more diaper plants ;)
Post a Comment