I could not be more proud of Derek! This month, he earned 2 certifications for his job which now makes him very valuable to his employer! One of them he earned the week he was in Wisconsin. While there, he had 3 days of intense training, and on the 4th day he took an 8 hour test.... a test that he was told only 60% of people pass on their first try. He, of course, passed with flying colors! I knew he would, he's a smart guy, especially when he applies himself.
Unfortunately, in March he has to return to Wisconsin again for another week of training. :( And unfortunately it falls during a very bad time.... Jadon's birthday.
Avery started her gymnastics class last weekend, and she really enjoyed it. At first, she was timid and didnt want to do anything, but once she started having some fun and seeing that it wasnt so bad, she liked it. She especially liked when she got to do things on the bars. She loved hanging on the bar and swinging, she got to hang on the bar with her feet on the bar too and she liked that, and she also got to climb a ladder that was about 7 or 8 feet tall, and she liked that too.
Its a parent involved class, so the parents were all there working with each kid.... let me tell you, it was a workout! I was sweating! But it was alot of fun, and if it worn me out, id like to hope that it worked off at least a little of Averys energy! :)
If you've been following the weather for our area, we've had quite a week of weather! After having a BEAUTIFUL October, November and December.... quite rare for our area..... the typical Oregon winter weather came. The week started with possibilities over several days for snow... but of course, why would we get any snow??? We woke up to snow a few times, but it was just a dusting, almost like a very heavy frost, and it melted off by mid morning. And it snowed off an on for a couple days, but never really stuck.
Then later on in the week, the temps warmed up, and a series of rain/wind storms came through. It rained non stop for over a day. So, with the heavy rainfall, combined with the warmer temps melting the snow, we have some flooding, and theres no end in sight for the rain showers.
The other day I noticed how incredibly small the kids pajamas are looking, especially Jadon's. His shirts have seemingly overnight shrank into belly shirts. Pajamas that I just got him in early fall....size 5 pajamas.... are getting too small for him. Remember a couple weeks ago I was talking about him being hungry and wanting to eat constantly? I guess I know why now- he was having a growth spurt.
When I bought Jadon's jammies, I also got Avery some jammies as she had outgrown hers. I had bought her a pair of 2t footie jammies, and a couple pairs of 3t jammies that she could grow into. The 2t pair is too small all of the sudden.
So, the kids and I made a trip to Costco and got some more pj's while we were there. Sizes? Jadon- size 6. Avery- 3t. These kids are just growing too fast, I cant keep up. They are both getting so tall! (big surprise!)
1 comment:
You will just have to have Jadon's birthday before or after Dereks trip. You went to Costco which is right down the street from your MOM and you didn't stop? Shame on you.
Post a Comment