Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A new year

Its hard to believe its 2012! Derek and I met 12.5 years ago! And I have to say, I love him more and more every day! And since he's halfway across the country right now, i'm reminded of that phrase "Absense makes the heart grow fonder." Sure is true! I really miss my best friend. :(

2011 was an eye opener for me. I came to realize just how important family really is. And i'm not just talking about my husband and children because i've always felt that they were incredibly important, i'm talking about our immediate family. You know, that time in your life when you realize that your parents really arent stupid like you thought as a teenager. ;) I couldnt be more blessed to have such wonderful people as my family. I couldnt ask for a better set of parents and siblings. Of course, there's always black sheep in every family it seems, but hopefully someday those black sheep will come to their senses.
I'm also talking about Derek's family as well. I'm so very lucky to have gotten inlaws that I like! I've heard such horror stories of horrible inlaws.
I've also got two awesome sister-in-laws! I've heard horror stories of horrible sister-in-laws as well, and i'm soooooooooooo glad that my two sister in laws are normal... for the most part! ;) just kidding.
To my younger brothers: you had better marry nice girls as well, I dont want to break the chain!
My grandparents also are so amazing, and some of the most generous people I know!

So what is my new years resolution this year? Well, I plan to take more pictures of the kids. Not JUST pictures of the kids; in creating my 2011 slideshow, I came to realize that most of the pictures we have are just of the kids. We have very few pictures of Derek and I, and our families. So one goal is to take more pictures of family. This will be hard for me as I hate having my picture taken, so i'm going to just have to suck it up and do it.

Also, i'm going to keep my distance from drama that seems to always arise from the dumbest things. Whats the point in drama anyways? I have no idea, but its always the same people that cause it! I'm tired of drama. I'm not a dramatic person. I am washing my hands clean of all the petty drama that 2011 held!

Of course, almost everyone has a fitness or weight loss goal as a new years resolution. This year, I am starting off the year 40 pounds lighter than I was 2 years ago, and i'm pretty satisfied now. I'm a little shocked that I actually met my ultimate goal, as I first started out hoping that I could lose just ten. So this year, i'd just like to maintain my weight and continue exersizing for my health.

And speaking of weight, Jadon has been eating like a P-I-G! He's eating me out of house and home! I dont know if he's having a growth spurt, or if he's trying to make up for the weight he lost when he was sick. He's requesting to have a snack just 30-60 minutes after a meal. And its not like he's not eating much at mealtime.... he's been having seconds, and thirds, and eating more than I do! The boy can definitely put the food away! From what I hear, boys are pretty good at eating alot, but I always thought this was just teenagers, but apparently its boys of all ages!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Well I think you're pretty awesome too :) By the way, I love your 2012 family picture at the end of the slideshow. You look very pretty and your hair is so straight ;)