Friday, June 1, 2012

This n That

I have no idea how to open this post, so i'll just start it by sharing a few pix of the kids. 

Here's a topless moviestar I found in my garage.  She was nice enough to smile for a picture, but I think she was confused that she was at a mall because she had a stack of credit cards in her hand, seemingly ready for a shopping spree!

 And then one minute later I spotted an awesome basketball player showing off his moves on the court!


 The kids love the cats.  They love to decorate THIS cat with flowers and leaves, and this cat takes it.
When they're not showering the cat with petals, they're chasing them around trying to scare them.

And...... it was bound to happen eventually, and Avery WOULD be the one it would happen to, since she's the incredibly curious child.  After dinner last night, the kids went into the garage (the playroom) to play, and in a matter of minutes, we hear Avery start crying.  We sit here waiting for her to come running in to tell us she "bonked" something and needed it kissed better.  She's so dramatic and cries about all her "bonks."  Only she didnt come running in like usual, so Derek went to the garage to see what was going on, and he came back in and said that she'd been stung by a bee and asked me to take her.  Poor gal, she was not a happy camper, and Jadon was pretty worried as well (the Worrier), but after washing it with some soap and water, putting it on some ice, and getting a little tylenol to dull the pain, she was a happy camper again.  And here she is, holding up her finger where she got stung.  And you probably wonder how she got stung on the tip of her finger?  She tried to pick the bee up. Yes, after warning her many times to leave bees alone and not touch them, she apparently has to learn some things on her own. 
And theres the little bugar that stung her.

 Here's my Shark.  See the extra tooth growing behind the other one?  The tooth next door to that one is now getting a tooth growing behind that one too.  When I called Jadon's pediatric dentist office, they said its completely normal, happens all the time and not to worry.  Just have him wiggle his teeth alot!  Well, this is so much easier said than done, but we've taught him to keep his hands out of his mouth, so getting him to wiggle his teeth is out of the ordinary for him. I dont think he likes doing it.  I think he's a little worried (surprise surprise) about the fact that his teeth are moving and new ones are growing in, and things are changing in him.  So, wiggling his teeth??? It isnt happening much at all.  One tooth is lose, the other WAS a tiny bit lose, but now feels not lose at all.  I'm afraid its going to have to be pulled in the end.... but please dont say anything to him.

Have you ever had this happen to a rose that you've received?  I got this rose for Mothers Day, (sadly not from my family or friends or anyone I know, but from a restaurant we went to at the coast...) and it before it died it started sprouting new growth, so I kept it.  I cut the rose bud off and put it in some fresh water to see what would happen, and the new growth keeps growing.  I'm interested to see what happens because i've never had this happen before. 

And isnt this a thing of beauty???!!!!  Its my new monthly menu planner!  I found many different plans on PINTEREST, and decided what I liked best, what I needed most. And I kindof combined a couple that I liked best.  Anyways, I found this magnetic dry erase board at Staples, and some magnetic printer paper.  I made a document with color coded meals- Green for veggies; Yellow for bread/grain/potatoes; Blue for Misc. dishes; Red for casseroles; etc, etc, etc.  and I typed out all foods we typically eat on it, plus many duplicates of things we eat alot of, like Jadon's favs- burritos and spaghetti.  And I printed it all out on the magnetic paper. 

Plus I printed a few "Leftovers" and i've also kept scraps of the paper to add foods that i've come up with.  You'll notice that 2 of the days have a questoin mark.  Those days Jadon has counselling in the afternoon, and I dont know what time until the previous week, so those meals are to be determined.  And I apparently forgot a day also, but thats ok, when I do the shopping I will buy for 2 weeks at a time so that things wont go bad. 
 For now, all the extras that are not being used for the month, I keep on my refrigerator, but it would be nice to eventually get another magnetic board of some sort to put them on to make things easier.
The goal is to attempt 1 new recipe a month, but we'll see how that actually goes.  When you're busy, sometimes its just easier to stick with what you already know! 

So today starts the first day of the new menu calendar, and the family is very excited... ok, the parents are very excited!  Jadon a little.  Avery had no clue.  Nothing makes the mommy happier than ORGANIZATION!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

***Oh my gosh, I forgot to mention the best part!!  So you'll see in the first picture of the menu that I have recipes hanging down, those are all my recipes that I have printed out on the magnet paper, so that I dont have to go hunting to find them when I need them, they are all right there for me! I just hole punched them in the corner, and I had 2 of these clippy things that open and close and I can get the recipe that I need, and then just hang them back up on the tack that is hanging on the cork board part of the calendar!  So easy and simple and again.... ORGANIZED!!!!  I love it!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I started a menu board like this (thanks pintrest!) before I had Brooke and I love, love, love it. This is the first month I am back at it! Love being organized!