It cant possibly have been 10 days since I last posted? Wow! Well, the last 2 weeks really flew by!
Well, lets see, where do I start? Well, I came down with an unpleasant cold that I have no idea where I got from. Had a low grade fever, body aches, sore throat for a week, and a cough that I still have a little. Knowing that Jadon only had a week and a half left of school, I really did not want to pass it on to him and have him miss the last days of school, so I tried really really hard not to share my germs. But, colds are very hard not to share, especially when you live in the same house.
He was the first to come down with it a week later. Fortunately he never had the fever or aches that I had, and even though he was snotty and coughing, I sent him to school anyways.
Avery and Derek came down with the cold a few days after Jadon. Avery's is mostly just snot. And Derek seems to have fared the worst of all. He's also had a lowgrade fever, like me. He's been totally wiped out, ears totally plugged and hurting. He stayed home from work a couple of days, went back today but said his head is pounding and his ear is plugged again. Poor guy. :(
I'm glad my cold is mostly gone and I have my energy back again!
So Jadon's last day of school was on Wednesday, and it was a very bittersweet time. The teacher does testing with each of the kids at the beginning and again at the end of the year to see about kindergarten readiness. We met with her on the previous friday to discuss Jadon's results. He was mostly ready at the beginning of the year, and by the end of the year there was no question about his readiness. His class was a smart class, said his teacher. Out of I think 15 kids, 9 of them were ready for reading. So at the beginning of 2012 they started working on reading, which is when we Jadon mentioned his reading group at school. So he can read things like "Ben can run."
One thing she mentioned is how good Jadon is at sounding out words, and we've noticed this too. He totally blows me away. He sounded out the word "Pear" a couple weeks ago. Thats a hard one with the "ea" in the middle. And the other day I had a Glad Cling Wrap box on the counter, and he came up and read it and asked why it said Glad. He's always asking what words say, and we tell him to sound them out, and even big words he has no hesitation trying to tackle them.
Anyways, after his last day, the preschool class traditionally goes to the park afterwards to play and exchange numbers/emails for summer playdates and stuff. So we went and did this. Derek could not go since he was stuck at home sick, so he was a little bummed. Sadly, only one of the kids in his class will be attending the same kindergarten school with Jadon, and I didnt even find out if it will be in the a.m. or p.m. class. Most of the rest of the kids are zoned for another school. Most of them will be back in the same class again in middle school, so it will be fun to see how they have grown and changed.
No comments:
Post a Comment