We had a good weekend :) Its been a long time coming, havent actually had a really good one for a long long time.
It all started (for me) on friday, when I organized the bathroom cabinet!!! Wahoo!!! I cant tell you the feeling of opening a cabinet that is well organized, streamlined, cleaned, neat, etc. Its a nice feeling :) So, that started me off on a good foot!
Saturday morning I went to my first pedicure with my mommy. Yes, i'm a disgrace to women everywhere that i'm 32 and never had a pedicure in my life! It was nice! Relaxing, getting a massage on my feet and lower legs, and on my back from the chair, getting my feet all prettied up, chatting with my mom, and I picked a polish color that I loved! So much that I bought it. And when I got home, Avery wanted her toenails and fingernails painted right away. I have a feeling for her 3rd birthday i'll be taking her for a pedicure too, she will LOVE that!
Saturday continued with gorgeous weather, in the low 80's i believe, and a gentle breeze. We made a trip to the store, and to Home Depot, then Jadon was begging begging begging to go out for dinner. So, we grabbed Arbys to take home. Apparently a medium sized drink is now actually a large size, and this is true for a medium fry as well. Too much food.
While we were at the store we bought one of those games where you have 2 hand paddles with the velcro on them, and the ball that sticks to the velcro. So after dinner we went outside to play that. Jadon really likes it!
Sunday, Fathers day, the grocery store down the road does an annual carshow and theres also helicopter rides. The helicopter flies right over our house. Jadon was sooooooooooo excited all morning long about the helicopter. He was begging us all day to ride it.
So after lunch we walked over to the carshow. Jadon was surprisingly really interested in all the old cars. Avery was only interested in the ones that were painted pink or purple, her favorite colors. Jadon got told by one of the car owners not to lean on the car when he was looking inside it. Poor child, he was being very very good at barely touching the cars in the first place, a very well behaved kid. He was barely leaning on this car, so he was almost in tears when the guy barked at him. There was a sign on one of the cars that said something along the lines of "a mans car is like his woman- you can look, but dont touch." Oh. Brother. I think thats taking it a little far, but whatever.
So the helicopter was the highlight of the show, taking off in the field right by the cars, so of course we had to go watch it take off and land a few times. Jadon, still begging to ride it. Usually its pretty ridiculously priced to ride those things, but it was only $25 per person, which I thought was not too bad, even though it was only like a 5-10 minute ride. Since none of us has ever been in a heli, and the kids have never flown before, and they were letting Avery fly for free, we decided to go for it. Unfortunately there was an hour or so wait ahead of us, and they had just left to go get gas.
I was nervous. You know me, I get nervous about things. And helicopters both scare the poo-poo out of me and excite me. So, my little heart was ticking away. Jadon and I sat in back, and Avery sat on Derek's lap in front. It was a breezy day, so it was choppy. I swear, it felt like a rollercoaster ride to me, my stomach was constantly flip flopping. I cant help but squeal when i'm on rides, it just comes out. Yes, i'm the weenie who screams on the log ride at Enchanted Forest.
Lets just say, the pilot was rather amused that I was hollering. He was cracking up in the front. And Derek thought it was hilarious that the pilot was laughing, so he was laughing too. I was holding Jadons hand in the back because when we first lifted off, Jadon said "I'm really scared!!!" (he denys that now, by the way), but by the end of the ride, I think I was gripping his hand more for my sake than his.
It was quite an experience, thats for sure! It pretty much felt how I thought it would. Would I do it again? I dont know... maybe yes. It was one of those things that was both exhilarating and frightening at the same time.... so I dont know if i would go again. Jadon hasnt stopped talking about it since.
We finished off the day with Dereks favorite dinner- baked spaghetti.
And the best part- when we were climbing into bed, Derek said it was probably the best fathers day he's had so far. :) So that was nice to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment