Jadon has just 4 days left of his preschool days, and I can hardly believe its here already! It really seems like just yesterday we were standing outside in the front yard in front of the house taking his picture before heading off to his very first day of preschool, with me sobbing in the front seat of the car before we even pulled out of the driveway! That was almost 2 years ago! In just a few months my baby boy will be heading off to kindergarten every morning. Then the next year, he will be in school all day in 1st grade, and Avery will go to preschool two mornings a week, and i'll be home alone, and it will be eerily quiet, i'm not sure how i'm going to handle that. It will surely be a bigger transition for mommy than for anyone else i'm afraid!
When Jadon was a baby, I had a baby book for him that I never really liked 100%, but couldnt find one that I fully liked. At some point when I was pregnant with Avery, I decided I was going to make hers scrapbook style, since I couldnt find any that I was happy with. None of them had everything that I was looking for, or they had things that I felt were irrelevant and just took up space and were left empty. Plus, i'm a sentimental sap and I saved EVERYTHING from my pregnancies, particularly with Avery, so I needed something that I could have alot of extra space in. Nothing offered that to me, so making my own scrapbook was the only logical idea. So I made alot of Avery's up when I was pregnant with her, and then just had to fill it in. After she was born, I liked hers so much, I decided to redo Jadon's and make his scrapbook style too. And I'm glad I did.
So their babybooks go from before birth until kindergarten. Then when they start kindergarten, i'm making a new book, no longer called a baby book. It will be a school days book. I remember having one as a kid growing up, and I looked forward to filling that in every year when I started a new school year. Of course, that was a "fixed" book. This will once again be scrapbook. And i'll be elaborating quite a bit, and adding things into it not only from just school, but things that happen outside of school as well during that entire year. Anyways, those books will go from kindergarten until grade 12. This way, I will always have their lives documented for them (and me) to get to go and look back at. Who doesnt enjoy going and looking back at that?
So this summer, I will be finishing Jadon's babybook (sob!) and starting his school days book.
Time just keeps marching on doesnt it? I feel like i'm on a treadmill that never gets turned off, and each year someone cranks it up a notch faster.
I wish I could slow it down just a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment