When it comes to new years eve, we are hardcore party animals! Yeah, you’d probably never guess that about us! I’m just teasing! Actually new years eve is pretty much like any other evening in our house… except Derek and I stay up a bit later, watching tv, playing games, then when its almost midnight, we turn on the tv to watch the ball drop, then shortly after it drops, we head to bed. Hey! We’ve got young kids that need healthy parents early the next morning, so we cant afford to have hangovers the next day (we don’t drink anyways), or be tired zombies!
I cant use the kids as an excuse though… this is pretty much how Derek and I have celebrated new years eve since we met! ;)
2010… what a year! Here’s what we did this year starting with January and ending with… well, today!
Here goes! replaced our water heater, my parents celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary, visited the lambing barns, jadon celebrated his 3rd birthday, signed jadon up for preschool, started potty training, stopped potty training, had too many illnesses, Alicia celebrated her big 30th birthday, took a day trip to the zoo, took our first family vacation to Washington, Jadon’s first (and second) dentist appointments, derek did lots of golfing, considered buying a bigger vehicle (but obviously didn’t), an outing to the swimming pool, Jadon started soccer, went to enchanted forest, took jadon on a trip to the ER for stitches, took jadon to the ER two more times for stitch removal, started potty training again, picnic lunch at the park, Alicia started swimming aerobics, Derek celebrated his 29th, Benton county fair, partial success with potty training!!!, wedding dress shopping with jenny, Derek and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, took a day trip to the coast, took a train ride to salem, celebration festival, had a major flea infestation that took weeks to fix, had a garage sale, jadon started preschool, Alicia chopped her hair, beaver football, more soccer, joined mom club, visit to pumpkin patch (twice), Jadon quit wearing diapers at night, Avery celebrated her 1st birthday, trick or treat!, joined fhtm, started making tutu’s, veterans day parade, got a dusting of snow, downtown twice around parade, storybook land, Christmas programs, Christmas parties…. Breathe….
And of course, Avery had most of her “firsts” this year!
And possibly the thing that happened this year that I’m most proud of (besides my beautiful family), is me losing over 25 pounds this year! I’m so proud of myself, and I had planned to just lose maybe 10 pounds this year, tried not to put too much pressure on myself, and I far exceeded that! I’m now less than 10 pounds away from my “ideal” weight, and that’s about the weight I was at when Derek and I got married! Yay! Go me!!! :)
So, I’ll be posting our 2010 Loveless Family Year In Pictures slideshow tomorrow, but we have to take our annual family picture on January 1st for me to add to it!
I'm looking forward to another big year! My parents will have their 20th wedding anniversary in a few days, Derek will turn 30, Jadon WILL become fully potty trained, Derek's little sister will be getting married, and his other little sister will turn 1... I expect 2011 will go by even faster than the previous years!
Happy new years everyone! We hope 2011 brings you all lots of good memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment