Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sicky

Poor Jadon came down with a stomach bug on saturday night.... it wasnt pretty.... of course, when is a stomach bug every very pretty? As i've mentioned a bazillion times, I hate vomit intensely. I thought for sure we had made it through the stomach bug thats been going around for the last month, but obviously I was wrong.

Sunday for most of the day, he seemed pretty much like himself, regardless of having had been up half the night throwing up. He was requesting his usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, and pizza for dinner (obviously we didnt allow him to have that though!) He did eat some applesauce, yogurt and crackers though, and was fine most of the day, until right before dinner he started acting sicky again and wanted to lay down on the couch again. So we put on a movie for him, he fell asleep around 5:30pm without dinner, and later on Derek moved him to his bedroom, and he slept most of the night until 7am Monday morning. Monday morning though, he was very lethargic, and just laid around most of the morning, didnt want to eat, had a little water, but that was it. Finally around 10:30-11am, he started perking up, and by lunchtime he was his normal self again, and has been fine since.

I'm just praying that none of the rest of us get it, and end up having a miserable Christmas! If any of us do get it, we will not be attending either of our family functions though, Christmas Eve with my family or Christmas day with Derek's family. I do not want to pass it on to everyone else.


Saturday late morning we had gone to the mall so Jadon could sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas. Hopefully Jadon didnt infect Santa at that time! Can you believe that they wont let you take pictures??? They have a photographer there taking pictures for you, and you have to pay to get the picture! So, it was like $40 for 4 pictures or something!?!?! Holy cow!! It was a miracle that Jadon actually sat on Santa's lap. In the past, he has wanted nothing to do with Santa, and just wanted to look at him from afar. We were proud of him for being brave!

After that, Jadon begged and begged to go to Red Robin for lunch... which we did because we had a gift card. Its possible Jadon could have gotten food poisoning from Red Robin, but probably unlikely.

So, the last few days have been busy for me, just cleaning the house, disinfecting everything, and doing vomit laundry. I hope this has taught Jadon to keep his fingers out of his mouth though! He always starts gnawing on his fingers as soon as flu season hits, and it drives us bonkers!


Anyways, I snapped a couple pitiful pictures of him while he was laying on the couch Saturday morning. Pitiful indeed.


It really breaks your heart to see them feeling so bad! I almost cried when he started acting like himself again.
AND, I have to say, I have the BEST husband in the world, and the kids have the BEST dad in the world... Derek slept in Jadon's room with him that night to be there with him when he would get sick. I couldnt ask for a better father for my children! Thank you Sweetie for being such an incredible father and husband!

No comments: