I'm so excited for Christmas Eve night! I've been looking forward to that time for over a month! So excited to get all the presents out while the kids are sleeping and place them under the tree!! Cant wait to see their little faces light up when they see that Santa came! I'm pretty sure I wont be sleeping much that night... I dont think i've ever been so excited for Christmas! It sure is so much better with kids! And each year it gets even better because Jadon understands it more!
Of course, this year we have started trying to teach Jadon the real meaning of Christmas, and about giving. He doesn't really "get" it that much yet. We did Operation Christmas Child with him, and showed him videos from the website of less fortunate children. I know with time he will come to understand it more, and each year we'll be teaching him the joy of giving. At this point, he doesnt understand the world.... to him, everyone he sees lives in his town, in his world and does the same things he does, and has everything he has. Someday he'll understand that the world is a huge place and people live all over it, and some are less fortunate than we are.
We decorated cookies last night. It only lasted for about 15 minutes.... Avery got bored quickly, and of course all she could do was eat the cookie anyways. Jadon got bored as well, and he told me later on when I asked him if he had fun making cookies, he said "Yeah... I was a little bored." I love the honesty of children sometimes!
He's feeling better now... although he is a big time worrier like his mommy, and hasn't been wanting to eat breakfast, and starts getting almost panicky at night when we get ready for bed. Anytime he feels anything at all in his tummy, he says it hurts and starts worrying. Poor guy, I really feel bad for him because I know how badly it stinks to be such a worrier, and not be able to do anything about it. I've been worrying just as much as he has been over the last few days... praying that the rest of us dont get sick, and worrying about him worrying. I really hate that he worries like me, and I try SO hard to not let my worrying show to him. Its taking its toll on my stomach as well, and I have lost 3 pounds this week from not eating much. I know, i'm pathetic! But i've been looking forward to Christmas, and I dont want us all to be sick on it and not get to spend our traditional Christmas eve with my family and Christmas day with Derek's family. It just wouldnt be Christmas if we were all sick.
Anyways, I probably wont be posting again until after Christmas, so I want to wish you all Happy, healthy, very merry Christmas! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment