Avery had her 1 year appt. on monday. She weighs only 19lbs 7oz (at her 9 month she was at 17lbs. 14oz, so in almost 3 and a half months she only gained about a pound a half) and thats in the 25th percentile, her height was 30 inches, and thats in the 75th percentile I believe. So, big surprise, but she's tall and skinny! I dont know if you remember or not, but at her 9 month appt, the checked her iron levels, and hers were low, so we had to put her on iron drops... they tested her again and it was fine this time, so thats good.
She is one bright little girl too! She can repeat the syllables and similar sounds of many things we say, she understands commands, for example "Avery, bring me your cup," or "Avery, lets go upstairs." She immitates alot of our movements, for example, tonight after dinner, Jadon and Derek were playing "soccer practice", and they were doing stretches and warming up like Jadon does in soccer, and one thing they do is twist back and forth with outstretched arms, and Avery stood up and started doing it. She can also do summersaults, something that Jadon still struggles with. Tonight she learned how to draw on Jadon's little magna-doodle thingy, so tomorrow i'm going to get out the crayons and paper and see if she can draw. Earlier today I got out the finger paints for Jadon, and let Avery try it also, but she just kept sticking it in her mouth, so she's not quite ready for finger paints.
She loves the song "if you're happy and you know it".... and she claps her hands, stomps her feet, and recently started saying "horray!" also. Very cute!!!
She constantly amazes us with her smarts!
Unfortunately, she has turned into a picky eater. Not sure why, this began happening around 10 months, she decided she no longer wanted to eat her baby oatmeal or rice cereal. Even when I mixed fruit in it. Its just been downhill since then. Now I cant get her to drink milk, eat sandwiches (she used to love jelly sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches), veggies (except she loves corn), pretty much everything. She also will LOVE something one day, then hate it the next. Things she does like are: FRUIT... any and all fruit (except cherries that have been frozen). Cheerios, graham crackers, ritz crackers, chicken nuggets, cereal bars, cheese, cinnamon raisin toast, spaghetti (but not always)..... and she LOVES water too. I always give her everything we eat for dinner, whether she likes it or not. I've read that it takes like 10 times of trying something before a baby will finally like it, or something to that affect. So, she gets everything we eat regardless of if she likes it or not. But, usually if she doesnt like it, she immediately drops it on the floor.
She does like the Gerber Graduates meals, but those are almost $3 for one meal!!!! So, i try not to buy many of those, or use them too often.
The doctor wants me to give her a multivitamin drops everyday, but i'm not sure how i'm going to do that, theres no way i can get the drops in her mouth without her spitting them out. And they arent flavored good at all, they smell horrible.
She has recently started walking all over the place, and now she walks probably 75% of the time, and crawls only about 25% of the time. She comes bolting to the dishwasher whenever i'm trying to load or unload it, and trys to climb into it. She loves getting into everything she's not supposed to get into. She screams SO loud, I know i've mentioned it tons of times already, but i cant get over it. Its horrible! The other day I was at the craft store, and she got ahold of something I was getting, and ripped a hole in the bag and the contents spilled out. So I tried to take it from her and she let out a horrific scream like I was beating her. It was horrible, i'm sure the people in the store were thinking something bad about the parents of that child. She's got such a temper.... has to be the red hair. She will be a handful when she's 2!
She is very independent, but is very much a mommy's girl right now. I'm just soaking it up since I know she wont be mommy's girl forever.... and probably for not much longer. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment