I always love fridays!
So the week was interesting. Jadon had the stitches in his arm removed on tuesday, but the doctor wanted to wait another 3 days for the stitches on his hand because it was still not closed up. Derek and I were prepared for him to have to be sedated again, but it was actually not too horrible. The nurse we had this time was a real peach (sarcastic), and she was not very sympathetic towards Jadon, who was screaming over and over "i'm scared! i'm scared!" while tears ran down his little cheeks. But, they managed to get taken out w/o any sedation. And we were in and out in probably 30 minutes from the time we stepped into the hospital, to the time we stepped out.
Other than that, Jadon is going through another horrible testing faze, followed by some MAJOR tantrums. I really hope its just his age, and that as he gets out of the 3's he'll get over this.
Avery is doing well, she's mastered the stairs. I followed her all the way up the stairs the other day, and then Derek did also another day. She climbs them like she's been doing it her whole life.... very minimal effort. EVERTHING goes into her mouth, and I do mean EVERYTHING. Its pretty gross. The other day I caught her with the bottom of my shoe in her mouth. So sick!
She's finally getting 2 teeth on the top. They are just there, right under the skin, just about to poke through. Last night I said that i'd be surprised if she woke up in the morning and they hadnt popped through. Unfortunately they didnt.
She is also really good at throwing tantrums whenever we take something away from her. How does a 9 month old baby know how to throw a tantrum??? Just blows my mind! And whats more, she's been doing this for several months now!
So, saturday morning we have soccer, then we head to the ER again to get the other stitches out, then we go home and will begin the potty training. I've been preparing for it today. I know it sounds silly, but I'm making a magic potty stick from the Potty Fairy that i'm going to place on the front porch all wrapped up with a letter from the Potty Fairy. The magic potty stick will help him to not be afraid to poop on the potty. I'll ring the doorbell and he'll find it there, all decorated neat. Whether or not it will help, I dont know, he's pretty smart, but i'm seriously desperate at this point, and the book suggested that, so i'm going to try it. It wont hurt to try.
Wish us luck! Please keep us in your prayers! :)
1 comment:
Well, We weren't able to render our support as we wanted too. The computer was down because we swapped Rebecca to her own room and the computer is now sharing a room with me until the office is done. That being said, we are temporarily back up and running and we really really hope that the potty fairy and the magic stick did some good. It sure was a wide open shot for some humor... but, I won't go there. LOL We Love you! Dad, Jane, Rebecca and of course Charlie.
Post a Comment