Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A job and a birthday

Avery's 1st birthday is in just 2.5 months, and to say that I can't believe it is an understatement. I have absolutely no idea where the last 10 months have gone! I can't believe my baby is not going to be a baby anymore! :( It hit me hard the other night that her first birthday is just 2 short months away, and I feel like i've missed out on enjoying her. All my energy over the last 10 months have gone towards making Jadon feel extra loved and adjusting to the changes that come with being a sibling (and potty training!) In the process, I have had very little time alone with my daughter to focus on just her, and now I am sad for that. I wish there was more time in the day that allowed for me to spend time with each kid individually, spend time for myself, with my husband, getting the house cleaned/picked up and exersizing. There's just not enough time in the day to do all of those things.

There's just something about the kids' 1st birthdays that make me feel incredibly emotional and sad that they are growing up so fast.... probably because its the transition age out of babyhood.



So, I need to start planning her first birthday, and I dont know if I want to do a big party with extended family, or just a smallish party with just immediate family... I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts!



I was just complaining about how I dont have enough time in life, yet I have decided that I need a job. I've been surfing the web for jobs that you do at home, on your own hours, and really all that I can find is selling things like Mary Kay, Avon, Tupperware, etc. I tried selling Home Interiors for a few months, that didnt go well, of course that was a bad year all together. I am not good at selling things, I hate having parties because I feel like people feel obligated to buy, and I dont want to sell things that way. Besides, my mom is the one who kept me in business anyways, and i'm afraid she'll go bankrupt because of her generousity! ;) I'd much rather just give the stuff away to be honest! So, i'm kindof at a loss for what I can do to make a little extra money, where I can be at home still, and do it all on my own time.

I'm pretty much talentless, so I cant offer any specialty services. If anyone has any ideas, id love to hear them!!



Friday is Derek's birthday, he took the day off of work, so we are going to take the kids swimming... i'm really excited! Then for dinner i'm making his favorite: baked spaghetti!



Derek and I have been looking online at houses for sale, and that is one of the reasons I want to have a job, so that I can make a little extra money to help pay for bills so that we can save up to buy a bigger house. We really want something with more property than what we have so that the kids can run around and have a swingset! We are very grateful for this house we are in now, and its been the perfect starter house for us, but we are outgrowing it rapidly. We've been in this house now for 6.5 years! Its hard to believe! I remember being SOOO excited to move in... and we had had a trip to Hawaii planned several months before we purchased our house.... we moved into our house in early April, and our trip to Hawaii was in early May.... I remember thinking how I didnt want to go to Hawaii because I was so excited to be in our house and I didnt want to leave it!

Its such a buyers market right now... unfortunately our house value has dropped dramatically over the last year.... and its incredibly depressing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Derek--

Hope your baked spaghetti is great--
Love you, G&G