***This post contains some material that may be unsuitable for weak stomachs- reader discretion is advised.***
Seems like the last few days have been pretty nonstop, and i'm plum wore out!
Friday, Derek got paid by his employer to go golf all day in Portland. He left around 9am, and didnt get back until almost 11pm! Knowing that the next 3 days we'd be stuck at the house potty training, I wanted to get the kids (and myself) out of the house for a bit, so I stepped out of my comfort zone and took the kids to the Willamette Celebration all by my lonesome. I was proud of myself, considering I do probably 95% of our outside the house activities with Derek (by choice for both of us.)
Potty training is going pretty much as we expected. He's doing fine with the peeing part, but the pooping part is not going well at all. Not. Well. At. All. Period. For some reason, the child is scared to death to poop in the potty, and because of this, he witholds his poop, and then he ends up in pain and misery, with a sore bottom and belly, which makes him even more afraid to poop at all. Its not going well. At his 3 year appt back in March, the pediatrician said we can give him some Miralax every day, so I started doing that a couple days ago, but apparently he's got a bottom of steal and can hold it in really well.
Anyways, between the drama of potty training and Avery's teeth coming in, and Jadon's stitches, things have been pretty nuts and stressful around here, and my face is breaking out so bad that I am beginning to look like a lawn with a gopher in it, and this afternoon I ended up with a migraine. I'm ready for a nice relaxing day at the spa, which at this point I can only dream about.
2 comments:
I would have loved to go to the celebration and would have helped if you would ask you silly girl
I bet this is the type of thing you will look back in years and laugh at...maybe once both of them are potty trained.
Just think, Jadon could put that he's really dedicated to stand his ground on his resume one day, maybe with out the background story =)
If you ever want a Saturday away, I'm just across town from you! Let me know I'll be there in a heart beat!
Post a Comment