Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shhsh!-- updated

So Jadon's latest Baby Einstein dvd rental was one thats all about water. And it showed lots of fishies on the movie, or "shhsh" as Jadon likes to call them. I decided that I thought we should get a fish for Jadon.... nothing big and fancy or expensive (or alot more work!!!). I was thinking just a glass fish bowl and a goldfish or something.
So Derek came home from work early today, and we went to Petco to look at the animals and get a fish. We ended up with 5 because they were having a sale on guppies, 5 for $5. So, hopefully they will last and not die within days!!!! Anyways, I dont have any pictures yet, but i'll try to get some tomorrow. They really are pretty ones though! They are males, so they have the pretty colors and bigger tails. We've got 2 bright orange ones, a bright yellow one, and one thats a neat sortof multicolored, and then a darker colored one that I really havent looked at enough to really see what color he is.
Unfortunately Jadon just wants to stick his hands in the bowl, so luckily I have it up, well out of reach of his little lightening fast grabby hands! Anyways, i'm off to bed now!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, here is a pix I took this morning of the fish...they are still alive, so thats a good sign! ;)

2 comments:

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Fish are neat to look at. Great for the stress relief thing... And they taste good too! Well, . . . not gold fish or guppies... I don't think.
I am surprised the cats haven't noticed them and tried to play with them yet!

Anonymous said...

Ah, actually the cats dont live in the house anymore! They sleep in the garage at night and pretty much live outside or stay in the garage during the day. :)