Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Daniel!!!

So yesterday was my baby brothers (well, one of my baby brothers anyways!) 13th birthday!! Daniel’s big 13th birthday, and I can hardly believe where the time went! Seems like just yesterday I was out driving the combine and he came out to ride with me as a young toddler… about Jadon’s age! He wasn’t much of a nap taker when he was little, and back then we had a hammock on our side yard… I remember swinging on the hammock with Daniel trying to get him to sleep. He did eventually go to sleep, but then as soon as I moved he would wake up! (Jadon??? Sure sounds like Jadon!)

Daniel is not a little guy anymore though… he’s now 5 feet 7 inches tall!!! Just 2 inches shorter than me!! Yikes!!! I predict that next year on his birthday he will be taller than me!

So anyways, to celebrate his special day (and it was also a celebration of Derek’s birthday which is in a couple of days), we went to the new Italian restaurant here in town, Carinos. Just the family: mom, dad, the kids, Ashley, and Derek, Jadon and I. The food was terrific! I got chicken fettuccini alfredo, and Derek got the lasagna. They also serve the best bread before your meal comes, and a salad that’s a little on the small side, but really good as well! After lunch we went to my parents house for cake and ice cream and conversation. Jadon had fun playing “catch” with the kids….. or should I say it was playing “fetch”???? Jadon would throw the football, and thought it was hilarious when the kids would go get the ball and bring it back to him.... sounds more like fetch to me! ;)

Overall it was a nice time, and I hope that Daniel enjoyed his special day!
Happy Birthday Big Dan!!! ;)

No comments: