Tonight I had one of those "hoooooly crap!" moments.
I was working on the kids baby/scrap books, and I was looking back at pictures of when they were younger, and it just hit me how fast they have grown up already! Jadon's 4th birthday is in less than a month now.... 4!!!! 4 years old!!!! When did this happen???? And Avery is approaching 1.5!
Life has been so incredible (and exhausting) with these 2 beautiful children in it! And they've grown and changed so much this year! 6 months ago, Jadon was still wearing diapers fulltime. 6 months ago, Avery was still crawling. But now, Jadon is fully potty trained, and Avery is running, jumping, spinning, climbing, etc! Life just keeps charging ahead so quickly, that I dont feel like I have time to treasure every second of their growing lives! My babies are no longer babies. :(
Since the last couple months we've been stuck in the house alot due to illnesses, the kids seem a little restless. Jadon longs for the sunshine, and anytime we have a nice day, you can bet that he will be outside playing!
Anyways, since they've been restless, I signed Jadon up again for soccer, and Avery for waterbabies. Gives us all a chance to get out of the house, and gives the kids a chance to do something that will release some energy!
Jadon enjoys soccer, and since his little friend Elijah isnt in his class this time, he is much more focused! Phew!
Avery is doing extremely well in swimming! She's only been to 3 classes (30 minutes each), and already the teacher said she's progressing really quickly, and we will be able to move at a faster pace with her than with the other kids! Already she knows how to put her face down into the water when she gets dunked and holds her breath well! Right now she does 2 dunks a day, but we will work up to 6 dunks and some free floating. She blows bubbles in the water, and has no problem sticking her face in the water! She really just wants to GO when she's in the water... by the end of class, she seems like she wants me to stop holding on to her so she can be free to move on her own... however, that wont be happening until she's older and much more advanced!
I'm planning on putting Jadon in swimming lessons also in the spring.... that could be interesting, because now he's old enough to do swimming lessons without mommy or daddy.
We're still sick... well, Jadon and I are still getting over this naggy, annoying cough. Seems like its hanging on FOREVER! Poor Jadon has been up the last 2 nights for a couple hours coughing.... and then the following days he woke up early, so he is lacking in good, quality sleep. Poor guy! :(
Actually, none of us has gotten good, quality sleep since we've been constantly sick... of course, it doesnt help that its 11pm, and i'm still up blogging when I should have gone to bed already! ;)
2 comments:
you could also add to your busy schedule after swim lessons ~ go to visit gramma debbie!!
Hope you all get well soon! I love you guys.
I now know just how you feel!!! How can Rebecca be one year old next month??!! When did that happen? The days and weeks just go by and my 'baby' grows up and changes daily. I know I was there for all of those precious moments but why can't they go slower?!! Jane
Post a Comment