We are down to 1 diaper for Jadon.... so if "things", *ahem*, progress like they do on a normal daily basis, we will be starting our poopy potty training tomorrow. He knows this, we've been counting down the diapers since we had 10 diapers left. He doesnt seem worried at all, and he knows whats going to happen after he uses the last diaper. So, keep us in your prayers in the coming days!!!
Derek went to the doctor yesterday.... he's had this awful cough for the last week+. I've been telling him to go get looked at for several days, and finally he decided he'd had enough. So yesterday he went, and he was less than impressed with his overall visit... waiting for an hour and then seeing the disconnected doctor for just 5 minutes. Whats with doctors? They make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Anyways, from the sounds of it, the doctor thought it was either bronchitis or whooping cough, and they tested him for whooping cough, but the results wont be in for a few days. Gave him an Rx for cough suppressant (that only works a little) and that was it.
Between Avery waking up so much at night lately, and Derek's middle of the night coughing fits... I was ready to pack up and go to a hotel at 3am last night. On top of that, the kids and I have colds again... ok, i cant complain too much, its really not much of a "cold"... more like just a constant runny nose, and the kids have been coughing a little at night. If I wasnt dreaming of summertime already, I certainly am now!
The good news, I got a drink at Starbucks this morning!!!!! :) I never go there, I refuse to waste my money on a $5 coffee. So, the only time I go is when I have a gift card... Derek got one at a christmas party we went to last month, and since he doesnt drink coffee, he gave it to me. :) I got what I always get when I go there- a carmel frappachino. 16 ounces of heaven topped with a load of whipped topping and drizzled with carmel syrup. It literally made my morning! Silly, I know, but i was literally smiling as I was walking into a store after buying it (and drinking 3/4 of it in 10 minutes.) I look forward to my next one... in a year or two.... ;)
Derek went to the doctor yesterday.... he's had this awful cough for the last week+. I've been telling him to go get looked at for several days, and finally he decided he'd had enough. So yesterday he went, and he was less than impressed with his overall visit... waiting for an hour and then seeing the disconnected doctor for just 5 minutes. Whats with doctors? They make you feel like you're wasting their time.
Anyways, from the sounds of it, the doctor thought it was either bronchitis or whooping cough, and they tested him for whooping cough, but the results wont be in for a few days. Gave him an Rx for cough suppressant (that only works a little) and that was it.
Between Avery waking up so much at night lately, and Derek's middle of the night coughing fits... I was ready to pack up and go to a hotel at 3am last night. On top of that, the kids and I have colds again... ok, i cant complain too much, its really not much of a "cold"... more like just a constant runny nose, and the kids have been coughing a little at night. If I wasnt dreaming of summertime already, I certainly am now!
The good news, I got a drink at Starbucks this morning!!!!! :) I never go there, I refuse to waste my money on a $5 coffee. So, the only time I go is when I have a gift card... Derek got one at a christmas party we went to last month, and since he doesnt drink coffee, he gave it to me. :) I got what I always get when I go there- a carmel frappachino. 16 ounces of heaven topped with a load of whipped topping and drizzled with carmel syrup. It literally made my morning! Silly, I know, but i was literally smiling as I was walking into a store after buying it (and drinking 3/4 of it in 10 minutes.) I look forward to my next one... in a year or two.... ;)
1 comment:
Oh, I sympathise with the lack of sleep from coughing...Tom had a cough for 2 weeks then gave it to me and a cold to Rebecca then got his back again!! So I felt like I hadn't slept for weeks!!
And I agree about doctors-we waited nearly an hour for Rebecca's 9 month appointment, then he seemed so rushed and disinterested that Rebecca cried until he left the room (she almost never cries like that!!). We shall be seeing the other doctor next time!
Post a Comment