Saturday, January 8, 2011

Art

Well aren't you lucky! My second post of the day!!

So, Jadon comes home from preschool almost every day with art projects that he did in school, and as his mommy, I LOVE all of them! Of course, and unfortunately, I cant keep all his projects, but I do select a few of my favorites to save. The others I have taken pictures of, and thought i'd auction them off to family (read Gramma's). Not sure if anyone wants them, but I am having a really hard time throwing them away.... like, they are sitting upstairs on the desk just waiting to be thrown out, but I cant bring myself to do it. So, i've taken pictures of them all, and thought i'd see if anyone wants any of them.

Auction item #1- Picasso Thanksgiving Turkey

Auction Item #2 and #3- Glitter Bell or Rudolph

Auction item #4- Picasso Fence Pumpkin
Sorry, this next one isnt up for grabs.... I tied a bow to the top and turned it into a christmas ornament, but thought id share it with you anyways.


This one may have been turned into an ornament also, but I cant remember for certain?Apple with shiny paint... this one mightbe in my "keep" pile, but i cant remember
Item #5- button corn- i dont think this one is in my "keep" pile, but i'd have to double check that.

Popcorn corn... this one actually DID make it to the garbage can, but very reluctantly. :(
And here's the one he brought home this past thursday. We noticed that he made a female snowman..... of course, when I asked him what the circles were on the snowman's torso, he said they were buttons. Hmm, i've never had a sweater button that way....but then again, i've never seen such lopsided boobs either! oh, and its not up for grabs either... at least not yet. I keep all his projects hung up for our viewing pleasure for at least a couple months.

And finally.... Jadon has never had a whole lot of interest in drawing objects.... he's always just scribbled for a minute, then decided he was done drawing. He NEVER wants our help with drawing things, or trying to help him write his name. He's never even had interest in writing any letters. So, the other day I was cleaning the kitchen, and he was drawing with Avery's doodle pro (remember, I said we were going to get her it for christmas...) and he says to me that he was drawing a picture of Avery. Then after a few seconds he said "Look mommy, I drew Avery." With my hands wet and soapy, and he being all the way across the room, I asked him to hold it up so I could see it. I just about fell over when I saw this picture that actually resembles a bit of a human form! It (Avery) has a head, eyes, mouth, body and legs! He actually drew something! I cant tell you how proud we were of his drawing! Funny how even just the smallest things that your kids do can make you feel so much pride for them!
And here he is- my budding little artist ;)
He's been quite testy lately.... really pushing buttons, pushing limits, showing his frustrations... He got a timeout this morning because he, Avery and I were playing a game, and he was doing a really good job taking turns with Avery, but then after a bit Avery decided to plop down in my lap instead of take her turn to play... Jadon got mad, and threw the toy at me. Luckily if we follow through with our discipline, he seems to catch on pretty quickly and starts obeying. Consistency and following through with our punishments is crucial!
I've also noticed a bit of some jealousy going on with the kids. Avery's had alot of cuddles this week since she's been sick, and has been wanting to be held and cuddled more than normal lately... Of course, whenever she's in my lap, Jadon wants to be in my lap too. And vice versa... if he is in my lap, she starts having a cow. So, its quite frustrating.
Its really fun to see how they've evolved into their brother/sister roles though.... Jadon treats her... well, like a little sister- picking on her, tormenting her, pushing her and taking her toys. And she follows him around, imitating his every move, trying to do everything he does. Its funny because for the first 6 months after Avery was born, he pretty much kept his distance from her. I'm glad that he has finally and fully adjusted to having a little sister.
And, because I dont want to end this post on a negative note, because Jadon really does have good, sweet moments, but being that he's 3.5 almost 4, they are just few and far between... someday my sweet little man will return to us........
On one of his particularly good days, a couple weeks ago, I had to go to the pharmacy and pick up some Rx's. I never go get our Rx's, because the kids want to touch everything, and I dont dare let Avery down because she'd have the place torn apart in seconds! So I make Derek go after he gets off of work. (Too bad we dont get our Rx's filled at Walmart or somewhere that has shopping carts... i'd just throw the kids in that, it would be so much easier!) So the other day, it was right before the holiday weekend, and the pharmacy would be closed, and we needed our prescriptions, so I had no choice but to go. I made it clear to Jadon that he was not to touch anything. I dont make this request of him very often, because I know its tough and boring for him to be somewhere and not be able to touch things that look interesting. So on this day at the pharmacy, one of the prescriptions was not ready, so we ended up waiting for 15 minutes or so. Jadon was SO good, he did not leave my side, he did not touch one thing, he did not whine or complain once! I was SOOO proud of him!!
And earlier this week when I went to the grocery store by myself, he told me the next day "Mommy, the next time you go to the grocery store, you need to take me and avery with you, because I missed you." And from what Derek says, it sounds like he really did miss me... and Avery did too. The kids were already in bed when I got home, but Jadon was sitting up in bed waiting for me, and Avery started throwing a FIT when I went in to kiss her goodnight. She was thoroughly distraught, so eventually I went in to hold her for a couple minutes.... that did the trick, she just wanted a mommy cuddle before bed. That was one of those nights when the struggles and strife of motherhood are so totally worth it!

3 comments:

G and G said...

I'm bidding on #1 and #4. I do think they are buttons--he just buttoned it crooked. G&G

Anonymous said...

If no one has claimed the turkey, the reindeer and the bell or any others I would like to pay top dollar for them! I collect apples too so the apple painting would look nice in my kitchen.

Anonymous said...

Ok, G & G, i'll send you those two sometime in the near future, and mom, you can have the rest lol!