Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Whew

To say i've been overwhelmed is a slight understatement! I knew that once Fall came, life was going to really pick up its pace, but I had no idea just how much that would be!
I dont know what overcame me... starting up two businesses simultaneously... I've constantly got things to do with one or the other, i'm constantly starting new projects, and I constantly have projects only half done! This is quite an adjustment for me... the list maker, who likes to start something and finish it right away, and who gets great enjoyment out of being organized and seeing a list of things checked off one by one until its all done. Yes, this will be an adjustment.
I was actually relieved that it was pouring down rain all day today, it was an excuse to stay in and attempt to get some things done while Avery napped and Jadon was at preschool. Of course, nothing much of anything got done... usually how it goes. And the reason for this is that I decided to start up a website for the tutus. I think (I hope) this will make that aspect of life a little more organized!
Anyways, here's the site: Lovely Little Tutu's I spent all of my spare time working on it today, its still not done, and its not exactly how I would have liked it to be, but hey, its free! I decided that Etsy was not the place for me, since there are about 500 million billion other people selling tutu's on there. Feel free to share the site with others. Unfortunately it only allows me to show 5 tutu's at a time on the site (unless I want to upgrade the site, but then id have to pay a monthly fee, and right now i'm too cheap to do that), so i'll be switching up the pictures frequently. I also need to get a manequin or something to take pictures of the tutu's on.... it appears that taking professional pictures of the tutu's is what people do when they sell them online!

Even though i'm feeling overwhelmed a bit, things have been going good with both businesses. Unfortunately I havent had a chance to put much effort into FHTM, but now hopefully with getting this tutu stuff organized, i'll have more opportunities! Thank goodness that I dont have any dumb quotas to meet with FHTM! I hope you are all using the Rewards Mall for your online shopping needs! :) And remember, whether you're looking to upgrade your cell phone, switch to DISH, need a home security system, need dsl internet or an internet card, want vitamins, shampoo your hair, give treats to your animals, shop at Home Depot, Target, drink coffee from Starbucks, shop at Sears....whatever it is, you can get it thru me! (my friend is so good) ;)

1 comment:

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Wow, Alicia, what a wonderful website. Very professional and impressive. I really wish you the very best of luck (not that I'm sure you'll need it) with your business. Rebecca will be placing an order very soon once she's decided on the colours she likes! Jane
PS Have you thought about printing some business cards with your website on?