Had my first weekly appt today, and everything is going good. Measuring just about right, and the doctor guesstimated that the baby weighs close to 6 pounds, but still in the 5 pound range. Of course, thats just a complete guesstimate! That weight is completely average for 36 weeks, so she's on track to being a normal sized baby! Phew! I dont think i'll have to worry about delivering an 8+ pound baby! In fact, I feel that shes going to be pretty tiny. I feel much smaller than I did with Jadon. And with Jadon, they were predicting he would be a big guy of 8-9 lbs.
Of course, it also depends on when she comes! If she comes this week (like Derek is certain is going to happen) then she'll definately be tiny!!
Anyways, as I was saying, everythings looking good! Doctor expects that i'll have a really fast labor though, since Jadon's was only 5 hours. Derek and I are a little nervous about doing this the normal way- not being in the hospital already when I go into labor, but being at home when labor starts, like most people! We are both starting to feel nervous! Every day I think to myself, "today could be the day!" And it makes me instantly nervous!
At the risk of sounding like more of a germ freak than I already am, i'd like to remind everyone who plans to come visit us after our little lady is born, please remember to wash your hands thoroughly before holding her. Also, now is a good time for everyone to try to stay as healthy as possible, and if youre sick, or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please stay away. I know this sounds rude, but after everything we've been through to get to this point, I dont want to have something happen to her because she caught some kind of bug from someone. So please, use common sense.
Just so everyone knows ahead of time, we have chosen not to have anyone in the delivery room with us, other than the doctors and nurses. After she's born, we'll have Jadon come in the room with us for awhile so as a family we can get to know our new edition. When we are ready, we'll let everyone else come in. This was our plan for when we had Jadon too, but things didn't work out quite that way since he came early and ended up in the NICU. Really hoping that this time around we can do things "normally"- normal labor/birth, and hospital stay. I know of course that rarely do things go "normally" when it comes to labor and delivery, and even full term babies can end up in the NICU, but i'm really praying we dont have to go through that again!
Anyways, i've got my last progesterone shot tomorrow! I'm so excited!!! The doctor was really pleased and happy that we have made it this far!
I'll leave you with a picture of my handsome little man!
1 comment:
She'll be perfect when she comes!
P.S. I don't think it's rude at all to ask people to use common sense, those little babies are sensitive, no reason to put her at risk if you're sick/around sick ppl!
Post a Comment