Saturday, May 3, 2008

Me Week

So i'm not 100% sure how my diet has gone since I started. I finally went out and bought a scale a couple weeks ago, and it has been a tremendous help! Helps me realize when i'm doing good, and/or if what im doing isnt working, etc.

So the first week I had the scale was a bad week, and I didnt lose any weight. (didnt gain anything either though, so thats good!) This week I was super good, and I lost 1 pound!! I know it doesnt sound like much, but come on, in all honesty, I really dont need to lose a TON of weight, so if I were to lose 5 pounds a week, I would be done dieting in a month! ;) Of course it cant be that easy though, so if I can just continue to lose a pound a week, I should be at my goal weight in 20 weeks! ;)

Also this week I joined an online weight management program thats FREE, its called Sparkpeople.com if anyone is interested. Anyways, it has been a real eyeopener for me! Sparkpeople has all kinds of tools to help you on your weight loss journey, including a place where you can input what you eat that day and it calculates calories, fat, etc for you. I am amazed how fast the calories can add up!!!! It really has helped me stay on track though! I HIGHLY recommend Sparkpeople to anyone who is looking to lose some weight!

On a different note, on friday night I went to a friends house for a "spa night", and we had a nice dinner of salad, and Papa Murphys delite pizza (lower calorie pizza), and fruit for dessert, then we gave ourselves pedicures, manicures, and facials! It was a lot of fun, and I hope to post some pictures from it on here someday soon! Jadon stayed home and spent some time with daddy, and by the time I got home, it was late and he was in bed sleeping, so I didnt even get to kiss him goodnight. By the time morning came, I really missed him!

I also got my hair cut this week for the first time since June of last year! Yikes!! It was in desperate need of it, and the girl did such a nice job! I love it! It looks sooooo much better. Oh, and I bought a shirt and some shorts at Old Navy this week as well! I'm calling it my "Me Week" because I took out alot of time for myself this week to remind myself that while I am a mom now, I am also still a wife and a woman who needs to do things for herself to feel good about the way she feels and looks! Being a mom, its soooo easy to forget about myself and just throw on my most comfortable outfit and put my hair in a ponytail. A little "me time" is good for a woman once in awhile. :)

2 comments:

I'm going to be a Ropp! said...

Good for you! I think it's easy for moms to forget themselves...I am assuming since I am childless, unless you count my dog, than I am. I am proud of you! I can't wait to see pictures!

Karla said...

Good For you that is totally awesome. You do need to really to do things for yourself or you end up in a rut. You need to be feel good about yourself to be the best mom and wife you can be. Something I never got. I think it is wonderful that you have a husband that lets you go out and get away for awhile.
I want to see the haircut.