Sunday, April 3, 2011
Spring is springing!!
Hip hip horray!!! Its April! The sun will start shining more around these parts (although still not nearly enough.) The ground will start drying out. The landscape will soon be green and beautiful once again, rather than brown and sopping wet. And there's a light at the end of the loooong winter tunnel! Friday we had beeeeautiful weather! Sunny and 67, the nicest day of the year so far, and the first day the lawn got mowed all year. The kids and I got up friday morning, went to home depot to get some flowers. I'm always itching to get my hands in the dirt when the sun first starts coming out again. After lunch, the kids and I went in the backyard, and they just played non stop for an hour. It was wonderful! No entertaining for me, and they were playing together and getting along. The worst part was having to come back inside for Averys nap. Poor Avery was just not real happy with that arrangment. So after she went down for nap, and Jadon went in quiet time, i went out front to plant my flowers. Ahhhhhh, felt so good! Then Jadon "helped" me trim some bushes with his safety scissors, although I didnt finish all of them. After the long winter weather, the yard just feels like a mess, and theres so much outside that needs to be done. I'm SOOOO excited for more days like friday!! I'm going to guess the kids are probably excited too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment