Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feeling good

My kids love love LOVE the outdoors! They will entertain themselves outside for a long time, its great! No whining, no complaining, no pestering. Avery barely makes a peep when she's outside because she's so focused on her playing.

The weather is very slowly improving, but it has improved enough over the last week that we have been able to go outside alot. Its wonderful! I feel like it gives me a little break, and its good for all of us to get outdoors, have a change of scenery, and get some fresh air! Its amazing what a little sunshine can do for the soul! I think I have come to the conclusion that not only does the sunshine do wonders for my mood, but also the longer days really improve my mood as well! The sunshine is very motivating!

I've also found that exersizing in the middle of the day, when i'm feeling very sluggish is also very uplifting! As I mentioned before, i've been doing yoga to try to destress myself during the days a little. I've also started doing pilates too. I used to do pilates before the kids were born, but I find that I have more drive now than I did before. I'm pushing myself a little more than I used to. Last week, I did yoga and/or pilates 5 days- monday-friday-, and by friday I felt great! Saturday and sunday I got quite a workout as well. I painted our entryway. I had to do ALOT of climbing up and down the really tall ladder, and my hips and triceps were feeling it!

Another thing that makes me feel good is having new clothes. I hate buying myself new clothes, or at least, I used to. Back when I was super skinny, I LOVED clothes shopping. Then I gained weight, and had kids, and lost my self-confidence and with it, all interest in clothing shopping. My main objective when shopping for clothes now is comfort. I deal with enough stresses from the kids on a daily basis, the last thing I want is to be wearing something that is uncomfortable, or i'm constantly having to adjust....so, my clothes arent the most fashionable, but thats ok! I also do not like to spend the money on clothing.

But, I broke down and bought myself a few new clothing items in the last month. Fashionbug in Corvallis went out of business, but before they did, I managed to score 3 comfy shirts for $5! Woohoo for me! I also ordered a few more things that i'm waiting for delivery of. Hope they fit!

So, between the improving weather, a few new clothes, and exersizing, I feel like a much better me. My goal is to lose 5-10 more pounds in the next month so that I can fit comfortably in my old capris that I wore when we went to Hawaii (almost 7 years ago!) Then I wont have to buy new ones :). As it is right now, I can get in them and button them up, but they're a little on the tight side and ride up my rear.

No comments: