Monday, August 23, 2010

Whew!

These days it just seems like life is powering forward at the speed of light! We just concluded a very busy week, and are now starting back into the typical daily grind.
Derek had all last week off for our anniversary, and it was so nice!! Probably not as nice as he would have liked, but when you have kids, you cant have your expectations be too high! ;)

So if I remember, I blogged about our flea infestation. Well, saturday night, I went into the garage to do some laundry, and almost instantly I had fleas all over my legs. IT WAS THE MOST DISCUSTING THING EVER!!!! I almost felt like panicking, because I knew the only way to get rid of them was to clean our garage. Our garage is pretty gross, the cats live in there at night so theres cat hair and litter all over, plus its been our storage area for a lot of stuff too. So, sunday morning, Derek took Jadon to church, and I started the long and tedious process of emptying every last item out of our garage. When Derek got back from church, he also started, and we managed to get everything out of the garage by dinnertime. After dinner, we cleaned it. Vacuumed everything: floor, walls, cracks, crevices, behind the washer/dryer, mopped the floor, and wiped everything down with soapy rags because everything was covered in a layer of dust.
Then it came time to move everything back in. We had tried to make it easy on us by putting everything into piles: garage sale stuff, garbage, and keeper stuff. Lets just say, we are going to have a small dumpster brought to the house because we've got alot of stuff we're throwing away. And, a large pile (now in the middle of the garage) of garage sale stuff, and the rest looks fantastic!!! Surprisingly, the fleas werent bad at all... Derek had sprayed the cats beds and stuff Saturday night, so most of the fleas were dead already.
It feels really good to have finally gotten that done, and it looks completely different, smells normal now, and we have room to walk!!
The cats have been kicked out of the garage and are strictly outdoor cats now.... until we get rid of them. Our neighbor lady is a huge cat person, and has fallen in love with one of our cats, so she is going to adopt him. The other two, if we cant find homes, will be going to the humane society.

Also, we will be having a garage sale in a couple of weeks with our neighbor lady, and I cant wait to get the rest of the stuff out of the garage!

So, life has been busy, and now i'm left with pricing everything for the sale. Prices will be super low, as I dont care about making much profit, I just want to get rid of things!

In two weeks, preschool starts. Plus, we want to put Jadon in soccer again, he's had so much fun with that. Also, i'd like to do something with Avery. I did swimming with Jadon when he was a baby... but i'm thinking about doing The Little Gym with her. Also, I have swimming aerobics twice a week now. And, i'm thinking about joining a mom group. I just have to find enough courage in me to join!! ;) So, this fall has the potential of being quite busy! I'm interested to see what all pans out, because at this point, none of that is set in stone (except for aerobics.)
Jadon's doing quite well now with potty training. He is dry almost all the time. He's still having poop issues though, so we are going to go in and meet the preschool teacher, and talk to her about this, and hopefully they still will let him go! I would hate to see him get this far, and then not get to go. Its pretty unlikely that he would go poop at preschool anyways, but we'll see how the teacher feels about it. Keep him/us in your prayers!!

No comments: