Its really been a whole week since my last post already? Sheesh, time goes too fast lately.
We've had some incredible weather for the last week (sunny and upper 50's- low 60's) so we've been spending as much time as possible outside. The Lord knows that by this time of year, I need a few days like this! :)
Avery's sleeping hasn't improved much. During the day she has only been taking around a 30 minute nap several times a day, which is not sufficient. A baby's sleep cycle is 45 minutes long, so anything under an hour isn't enough of a nap. And a baby her age is supposed to have 4-6 hours worth of naptime sleep. It seems she's started catnapping for some reason. SO, I've got my work cut out for me! I'm HOPING that after a week or so of naptime "training," her napping will go for longer... which will in turn help her nighttime sleep to be better as well (she's been waking up a couple times at night... about 65% of the time..... some nights she'll go at least 5 hours, which is considered "sleeping through the night".) But, I just know its crucial that she gets good sleep during the day because good daytime sleep equals good nighttime sleep, and vice versa. I am really beginning to feel the sleep deficit though.
Jadon had a good fall at the playground the other day. Fell right on his head and face so his eye and cheek are a little scratched up. Derek and I both witnessed it, and its no fun seeing your child fall headfirst off of a play structure.
Saturday morning we went to the lambing barns and got to see a lamb being born! I think I was the only one excited about it though. I'll post pictures another day... for now i've got to go.
1 comment:
Throwing your kid off a play structure. Nice guys, real nice...
Post a Comment