... that i'm 4 pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant! Woohoo! I havent been "trying" to lose weight yet.
What's my secret??? There's several reasons:
#1- breastfeeding!!! Need I say more?
#2- Having two children under 3 years old demanding 99.9% of my time! Right now when I sit down to eat, I have to grab something quick because Avery always seems to wake up or be cranky right at our meal times. So, I dont even have a chance to think about the food i'm eating really or if I feel full. This is a good thing, because now i'm not overeating, which is a problem that I have because I love food so much. I dont have time to think about how good the food is. lol!
#3- I'm just plain busy! Its hard work having 2 little ones now... I look back at before Avery came, and it seems so simple now! Now I am constantly on the go at home unless i'm feeding Avery.
#4- Overabundance of energy- When I was pregnant, I was pretty immobile because I was either nauseated or had a migraine, or was SOOOO painfully tired. I think my body is trying to make up for that now because I have a hard time just sitting down to relax. There's always something to do, and even when I do sit down to relax, my mind is running 100 mph.
Now I just need to incorporate a little exersize into this lifestyle! I started doing some situps the other day, but it still feels like my pubic bone hasnt grown back together yet and it hurts when I do situps, so i've just been doing crunches instead. Also, when i'm holding Avery, I try to incorporate a little exersize into it. Also, as Derek and I have always done, I try to park a distance away from the building where i'm going, so that I can get a little extra exersize walking to the building.
Unfortunately after you have a baby, your body doesnt look the same as it did before the pregnancy. Even if you lose all the weight, you've still got extra skin and fat around your middle, and things just seem to shift around. It is SO worth it though.
1 comment:
Go you!!! That is awesome!!
Post a Comment