Thursday, August 7, 2008

Teething pain (for the parents!)

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days... Jadon's getting his eye teeth, and anytime he is teething his sleep patterns get totally screwed up. So all week long he has been going to bed at his usual time 8:30pm. But then he's been waking up at about 11-11:30pm every night, and not wanting to go back to sleep until after 3am. With that said, mommy and daddy dont usually go to bed until about 10:30-11pm! So, since Jadon's not going to back to sleep until after 3am, he usually sleeps until 8:30 or 9am the next morning, which is good, but still doesnt give him enough sleep for the night, and not enough sleep for mama either! Needless to say, i've been napping in the afternoon when Jadon naps to try to make up for lost sleep.

Good news though, last night he went to bed at 8:30am, woke up about 7am, so I went and got him and brought him in my bed to warm him up.... ok, so thats a partial lie.... I love to cuddle with him in the morning! :) So he fell asleep again in bed with me until 9am!!! Horray!!! We all got a GOOD nights sleep and made up for lost sleep in the last few days! I wont get my hopes up though... he will sometimes have a few bad nights, then a good night, then another few bad nights.

Derek has next week off for our anniversary (5 years!!!!) so I am hoping Jadon gets back on schedule because we have alot planned for that week!

1 comment:

Autie said...

A whole week off! SO awesome!

Congrats to you 2! I still remember the wedding day like it was yesterday. So beautiful it was...