So I'm very pleased and proud to announce that Derek got a new job! Still with the hospital, but now instead of working on desktop support he'll be working with servers and stuff. Its a slight raise, and he'll be able to work his way up the ladder in this job much easier than at his current job.
I am so happy and proud of him (as I always am!) :)
In other news, this week Jadon and I learned sign language for things around the house- kitchen, family room, bathroom, sink, refrigerator, stove, sofa, rug, tv, table, toilet, bathtub, shower. Plus, we check out Baby Einstein dvd's from the library and the one we recently checked out has some sign language in it as well... so from that we have learned- driveway, sidewalk, garden, playing field, playground, trail, school, library, bank. There are many more on that dvd, but I cant remember them. I am only listing the ones that I can remember. I am really enjoying learning sign language... its amazing to me that people can actually communicate by using sign language! Its supposed to be really good for kids too, and help with tantrums and frustrations. So far Jadon hasnt picked up on anything, but we've only been doing it for a few weeks, and so far he just watches intently.
2 comments:
Many congrats Son! I know you will do well, and I hope you enjoy your new job a lot.
I don't know sign language, but I know Jane does some (only she has learned that it is a bit different here than from England)... hmmmm?!
Congrats to Derek! I will pass that along to Alex- I'm sure he will be happy to hear the good news too. :)
Post a Comment