After dinner tonight, Derek was cleaning up the kitchen, I was folding some clean laundry, and Jadon was watching a Baby Einstein DVD that we picked up at the library today.
After I finished folding the clothes, I put them back in the basket and went to put them on the stairway above the safety gate so that Jadon wouldnt get into them and unfold them all!
As I was on my way back down the stairs, I slipped down the last two stairs (thanks to my slippers which dont have any traction) and fell down them on my butt.... I winced in pain on my way down as my left arm tried to catch my fall, and scraped the carpet on the way down.
I ended up sitting on the floor at the bottom of the stairs... Jadon was standing right next to me and had witnessed the whole thing. The second my butt landed on the floor, I looked over at him, and he had a horrified look on his face and was starting to wimper in fear, so I snatched him up and held him closely while I continued to wince in pain. He just sat there in my arms with his head on my shoulder, cuddling me for a long time.
It was at that time that Derek came over after having heard the commotion. I explained to him what happened, and Jadon must've then realized that Mommy was ok, so he sat up and gave me a big kiss and was fine after that! (I can't say the same for my left buttcheek though!)
It was sooooo sweet that he was so worried about me! Its so amazing that he has feelings like that now, afterall, he's only 15 months old! They grow up so fast!
My precious, sweet, caring little boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment