So as Jadon's first year of life comes to a conclusion, my thoughts are brought back over the last year and all the changes we've encountered. It was this time last year that Derek changed jobs, and I quit my job which was really hard even though I hated the clinic.
Then our son tried to enter the world 6 weeks early, and I was put on bedrest in the hospital for 5 days, but Jadon had other plans and didnt want to wait any longer to meet us. Even though he was born 5 weeks and 1 day early, the doctor said "he acted like a 37 weeker." In other words, he was in fantastic health despite his early appearance.
As I look back, I am constantly reminded of how God has just totally worked everything out for us. From the timing of our job changes, to keeping our baby boy healthy, to keeping food on our table... He has always been there for us. And I am confident that he will continue to provide for us!
It is true what they say "having a baby changes everything." Just about every aspect of your life changes in one way or another. In being a mom, my favorite thing to do is just to sit back and watch my son as he explores and discovers new things. Remembering how hard those first few months of his life were, watching him now makes it all so worth it! You never really know that you are capable of this kind of love until you have your own child. Its amazing in every aspect of the word! So yes, having a baby DOES change your life, but in the best possible way you could ever imagine!
No comments:
Post a Comment