Saturday, September 27, 2014

Life changes

My grandparents were up visiting from Florida for the last week, and today they left, and I miss them already. :(  I wish it were cheaper to fly so we could go visit them more often, but good grief, flying is outrageous!

So i'm going to try to make some changes around here. First of all, i've gained way too much weight in the last 2 years. I did so well after I had Avery, I lost 45 pounds (not including baby weight... you can add an additional 20 or so to the total.) I was in the right frame of mind for weight loss at that time though. Now i've gained 30 of it back, yes you read that right. The first step is admittance, right? And its really really hard to admit, especially to people other than myself.
So the question is why? Why did I gain it all back? And I do not know the EXACT reason, but I do feel like its a combination of things.
#1 We moved. When we moved to the rental, it had no counter space, so I went back to using boxed goods and no menu. Quick, easy meals that required little counter space for prepping.
#2 Also during that time, I was a little depressed from moving, and especially during that time of the year (fall/winter) when i'm always hit hardest. I don't like the short days, I don't do well in the cold, and we are always sick during that time. So winters are hard on me. Add to it being sad from moving into such a depressing place.... perfect storm.
#3 Jadon. I love that boy more than life, but he can make things stressful sometimes. I feel terrible saying that, he is my son, and God made him the way he is and he is perfect in His image, but it can take its toll on our family when he's so anxious. I eat when i'm stressed. And it tastes GREAT going down, but then the guilt hits me afterwards and it just adds to it.
#4 Migraines- One of my migraine triggers is missing meals. Anytime I let myself get too hungry, or eat a meal late, I get a migraine. So i've learned over the years that I need to always have a snack readily available for me so I can eat if i'm hungry.
#5 Laziness. Part of my laziness I can blame on my back, but the other times i'm just lazy. I'm tired from not sleeping well on nights when Jadon's worried, and so I just don't move nearly as much as I should.
So changes HAVE to be made before I end up back where I started. And i've tried over the last year, but never succeed, and I realize its because i've been in the wrong frame of mind. I feel that a lot of weight loss success is due to how you're thinking. If you're not fully committed, it ain't going to happen, at least that's the case for me.  And right now I don't feel like i'm in the right mind frame, so I need to figure out how to change that and GET back into the frame of mind I was at when I lost those 45 pounds!
So i've got a billion new recipes to try, and i'm going to try to make a new one at least once a week, maybe twice.
Going to try to go with more fresh "real" ingredients as opposed to processed garbage.
And i'm going to try to keep up with my menu. I'm at about half the menu right now, where i'll make half the month then forget, or i'll forget an ingredient in a meal so we have to have something else that night instead.
Also, if we ever get a dog, that will be a GREAT excuse for me to go on daily walks with the dog! Because I hate walking by myself, even in the neighborhood, at least having a dog with me would make me feel not so alone!

Now that the kids are in school, i'm going to try to do a new pinterest project every other week or so. I've got so many ideas, and then I never do anything with them! What a waste.

Also i'm going to try to help out in Jadon's classroom. Which is stepping out of my comfort zone a little. I know, it sounds weird that helping in my child's class is stepping out of my comfort zone, but remember i'm introverted, i'd prefer to just sit as a fly on the wall, or work behind the scenes.

Other things going on here: We are gearing up for Avery's birthday party in a couple weeks! It is, of course, a Frozen theme. ;) My baby is going to be 5!!!!!!!!!! :*(

Also, per my acupuncturist recommendation, I've started taking a magnesium supplement for these migraines. And I don't know if its just coincidence or what, but I have hardly had any migraines in the last month and a half that i've been taking it! I know its not the acupuncture, because i'd stopped going before I started taking it, and I had still been getting migraines. So, we will see if this trend continues! I hope it does, but sadly getting a migraine is still always in the back of my mind all the time.

So that's where we are right now in life! Or I guess I should say, where I am. Derek's at work most of the time, Jadons at school most of the time, and Avery is in between home and school.

This is the first day in awhile that we've had nothing going on, so today Derek and I are going to pull everything out of our garage and clean it out. We've got lots of spider action going on in the garage that i'm really not fond of!

No comments: