Monday, July 14, 2014

Life...

Its been a month since I last posted already. I've tried a couple times to write another one since then, but I'm not sure what to write about and I haven't had a lot of time.
We've been busily working on our yard, and our firepit is almost done! We won't be able to do a whole lot more this year, will have to save up for next summer. Our hope is to get the rest of the flowerbeds around our deck outlined with brick (plants will probably have to wait until next year at this point), finish the firepit, and if money allows, add a little more sod. Our neighbor redid her front yard and had some leftover sod that she gave us so we have a small patch of grass right now, but not enough to play on. Its hard to wait! We LOVE our backyard and we just want it done already! Its huge, its quiet, and I can envision its completion in my head!

My poor little guy is having anxiety again..... well, I guess it never left him, but its "flaring up" again. Since before school was even out his anxiety has been growing worse and worse. He's worrying about things that we can't even begin to dream up. He's worrying about things that would never happen. He's worrying about things that happened a year ago. This has caused many sleepless nights for all of us in the house but the little one! After discussing with Luis, Jadon's therapist, we are going to see also a child psychiatrist and consider medication for him. We aren't fond of the idea of medicating a 7 year old child, but he is not enjoying life when he's a constant bundle of nervousness. He's not eating as well, he wants to lay on the couch a lot because his stomach hurts from worrying, he doesn't sleep well. He worries about worrying. :(  Its heartbreaking. And it has to be hard for him seeing everyone else living life normally, having a sister that has no fear. In fact, he's said before several times how he wishes he were like Avery and daddy and mommy.
We ARE going to take him to see his normal doctor to look at his stomach, just to verify that there's nothing wrong with his stomach. He complains about it hurting all the time, but its always when he's worrying and all the professionals we talked to think its just anxiety, but just to be on the safe side we're going to have him looked at.

On a different note, the kids are doing very well in swimming lessons, and we will have our same teacher for at least the next year. She's a college student and this coming year will be her last year of school.

I signed Jadon up for a day camp at the humane society, and he was SUPER excited about that since the day I signed him up. He got to do that a week ago. He LOVED it! I think I mentioned it already, but I was contemplating signing him (and I since he has to have an adult with him) up for volunteering at the humane society. He really enjoys being with the animals, and I imagine it could be therapeutic for him?

Both kids are doing soccer. They both enjoy it, and we already knew this but Avery is quite good at athletic stuff. Poor Jadon got my athletic abilities.... or handicaps I guess is a better way to put it! :(

I started doing acupuncture a few weeks ago for my back pain and migraines. I haven't had any help yet, but since my headaches have been around for a very long time, it can take many many treatments to help them, and even after helping I might have to continue going every once in awhile.
Acupuncture is weird. I really hope it will help though. I like the idea of not putting more medication into my body!

No comments: