Monday, January 20, 2014

How???

So many times when I click on a Pinterest link, it takes me to someones blog. OK, that's fine, nothing wrong with blogging. ;) However, you read the "About me" piece, and these women have full time jobs AND their own business, 20 kids, a blog they write in (with lots of pictures of their projects), volunteer positions, are the room mom for their children's classes, the coach of their kids sports team, AND have miraculously spotless houses, and seemingly endless amounts of time for everything else like entertain, going to the gym, baking and cooking amazing things, making their hair and makeup perfect everyday, making their kids hair perfect every day, day trips, weekend trips, weekly trips, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and they still have time to sit at the end of the day to catch up on their favorite reality shows, and then do their yoga before they go to bed, where they then get a full 8 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep, and then they wake up happy and peaceful at 5am, go for a run, and are ready to start the day all over again.  I'd like to know: HOW DO THEY DO THAT? Are they being honest in that they really do all of those things... daily? Do they really have 40 hour days, or so it seems? Or perhaps they keep their kids chained up all day while they do everything, then let the kids out for the last hour or so of the day. I just don't understand how people can do that? I barely have time to blog, although i've been trying REALLY hard this month in case you hadn't noticed. 
My house will not stay clean no matter how hard I try, its messed up within 5 minutes. My kids do not behave all the time. We have extracurricular activities that take up every single evening.
So i'd like to know if these women are for real? Most of the moms I know do not have time for all those things. Their kids are not perfect angels. They have to take time out daily (multiple times daily) to discipline their kids and deal with unruliness. Their houses never stay clean. They don't have time or money to do all the things these "supermoms" do. Do the Supermom's kids never get sick??? Do THEY never get sick? (I say that now since i'm sitting here unable to breath with a pile of used kleenex next to me and a box of unused kleenex just waiting for me.) ;)

So in conclusion, I am no supermom, and I think the women who claim to be supermom's are all fakes. 
There. I'm done. 

No comments: