The other day I got my 2014 calendar, and as I was going through it, writing in birthdays, I had the realization that everyone is getting so old! Every last one of us! It made me sad. Writing "Avery's 5th birthday" on October 8th just about made me cry. How can she be turning 5 next year????????? She's still my little baby, there's no way she will be 5! :(
Its hard to believe its November already! I feel like the weeks are just flying by!
Lets see, last month we got our deck installed, and we love it! We also spent many sweat hours in the backyard installing a french drain before the rain sets in. We were so busy with the deck and yard that I never had a birthday gathering for Avery. Luckily she didn't seem to notice or care much. I'm a terrible mother! I did end up making birthday cupcakes for her so she could at least blow out a candle. She was wanting a #4 candle for months so I couldn't deny her of that.
Yesterday was a busy day! We spent the whole morning at Avery's preschool helping out for her Harvest Party. Then in the afternoon we went to Jadon's classroom to help out at his halloween party. We enjoyed both of course! Then before dinner we went to the village so the kids could trick-or-treat. We then grabbed dinner, went home and ate it, then went for some more trick-or-treating. Avery thoroughly enjoyed herself! Jadon liked it too, but Avery kept informing us that she was having so much fun. Avery was a kitty cat, and Jadon was an Army guy.
We've had a series of water issues around here last month also. First the water heater started leaking. That was fixed, then about 2 weeks later, I was cleaning the kids toilet, and noticed that it was rocking back and forth. So the guy came back out and fixed that. The same day that he fixed the toilet, later that day I discovered that the kitchen sink was leaking. So he will be coming back out next week to fix that. This is not surprising to us to have all these problems. We don't have the best luck. OH, and our washing machine.... yes, our brand new front loader..... had leaked now twice for no reason that we can find. Derek called customer service and they told us to do all these things. The leaks were so random though, that we just decided to get a tray to put under the washer to be safe rather than sorry.
I've gotten a lot done in my recipe binder, and I decided i'm going to have to do a separate one for desserts. Already several times the binder has come in handy, and I love it! Its so easy and convenient!
Well next time you hear from me will probably be in a month at the rate i'm going ;) Sorry, I run out of things to talk about and I don't have a lot of time to sit and type.
No comments:
Post a Comment