Despite having the extra time on my hands on tuesday/thursday mornings, I still haven't found enough time to do the things I imagined i'd have time to do. First of all, up until last week, my physical therapy appts. were all on tues/thurs mornings when Avery's in school.
This was the first week of not having any appts. And one of my 2 "free" days I went to Costco.
I've been trying to streamline ALL my recipes into one organized binder and have all my recipes be in plastic sleeves so if I spill on them, I can easily wipe them up. The reason i'm trying to do this is because since I meal plan for the month in advance, I am searching for many recipes to use. Sounds simple, but when you have recipes all over the place- pinterest, printouts, recipes cards, recipe books, on the computer, etc. its hard to find things quickly and easily. And then I forget where a particular recipe was located. This has made meal planning terribly difficult and irritating and not at all fun. I didn't even make a menu this month. SO, something HAS to be done about it! So i'm doing it similar to this one that I found on Pinterest. But this means i'm typing out a bunch of recipes. Yeah, its going to take awhile, but I know i'll be so much happier once i'm finished!
So back to PT. It helped my back a lot! I was worried because for most of the sessions it didn't seem to be getting much better, but once I started the strengthening exercises, it really started helping! I also have a book that my physical therapist recommended, and it is fantastic! It totally explains WHY my back hurts, and exactly how I can fix it. The only problem is it doesnt contain strengthening exercises, but for me that wasnt a problem since I went to physical therapy and learned them. BUT, it explains so much of why/how bad posture affects your back and even other parts of the body. If anyone wants to borrow the book you're more than welcome to.
I'm supposed to keep up with my therapy for another 2 months, then narrow it down to just a few exercises and stretches after that. I'll never be "cured" but now I know what the causes are and how to fix it if I start getting a backache.
So our deck is half done!! Its big, and its great! I wish we could have enjoyed it this summer, but we will get to next summer for sure!!! Because our house faces west, we will have the morning sun on the deck, and the shade of the house on it in the evening. I'm really excited!! The deck is possibly going to be done on monday.
This morning i'm getting my hair cut. I haven't had a cut since January! Hair has been a low priority, and I just throw it back in a holder most of the time.
Avery turned 4 on Tuesday! I can't believe my baby girl is 4!! (Avery says "i'm a 4 year-older") How did this happen?? It crept up on me too fast, so I didn't get any party planned, but she still wants to have a party, so probably later in the month i'll get something together.
She is enjoying school, and she's always excited to show me her art projects after school. And I look forward to picking her up and spending the afternoons with her. But, after having a live in playmate (Jadon) for the last 4 years, she's a little lost on how to play by herself without him. So as soon as we eat she's begging me to play with her, and she mopes around until I do. I finally had to start telling her that if she didn't go and find something to play with on her own for a bit so I can get the kitchen cleaned up, then i'm not going to play with her. At which point she goes to her room and finds something to play with, but then still asks me every couple minutes if I'm ready to play yet.
Jadon is loving school still. You can tell he thinks he's a cool dude for getting to ride the bus. And i'm happy for him to get to ride. He had his jog-a-thon at school a couple weeks ago, and he ran 9 laps. And, his class ran the most laps out of all the school, so they get to have ice cream soon!
He's taking a lego class after school one day a week right now, and he's enjoying that.
Both kids are in swimming right now, both in level 3 together. Yes, Avery caught up pretty quickly. I've said it a billion times, but she's a fish. Poor Jadon is struggling after having a "traumatic" experience in swimming class a while back. So now he's afraid he's going to drown and starts panicking when they let go of him. Of course, when he panics he starts sinking. He did better at class this week though. He needs to get his confidence back up.
Well I cant think of what else is happening, so I better get ready for my hair appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment