Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sold

We got an offer on our house! It was for a bit lower than our asking price, but its a solid offer, and its enough for us, and neither Derek nor I, nor our agent feel that we should counter offer at all.  We'd be crazy if we thought that someone would make an offer on our house for the original price unless there was competition.
So, we accepted the offer!

So, pending an inspection and an appraisal, we will have to be out of our house by Oct. 25th.  Yikes! We are worried about both of those.  I'm worried about the inspection.  Apparently they will spend 4 hours inspecting every square inch of your house, and some even mark off things as petty as "a light switch plate is crooked." What if there has been something seriously wrong with the house all along that we've had no idea about????  Or one thing that really scares me is mold!  Seems like there is so much potential for mold to grow in a house, in ANY house.....

Anyways.  Derek's really worried about the appraisal.  If the appraisal comes back lower than the asking price, then the deal's off, and the house is off the market until  ???  That would be horrifying, that would mean we'd be here for a very long time.

Adding to the stress, we've got like 6 or 7 builders that we will be "interviewing," and trying to coordinate times to do this, and the meetings will be lengthy as there is a lot to discuss.  Most of them appear to only have times during the week to meet, meaning we cant do the meetings on the weekends, which would have been ideal.

On top of that, we'll have to move most of our stuff to storage if everything goes well with the appraisal and inspection, and find a temporary place to live. Derek's work is picking up, and Jadon starts kindergarten next week.
I had planned to enroll each of the kids in one extracurricular activity this session, but will now be holding off until things settle down!  Too much crazy busyness for this family!!!  We like our calmness!!
But, I guess we asked for this!  And we have to go through this if we want to move.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yahoo!! that's great news! We'll be praying for the appraisal and inspection!