Monday, September 10, 2012

Kindergarten


My little man started kindergarten today!  Hard to believe where the time has gone.  I was worried that he was going to have a hard time with it, given his recent history with separation, but he had no problems at all! Hopefully this continues!

I, on the other hand, could not hold it together and I was balling before we left the house.  It all started when I got up and showered, and I told myself I had to be strong, I didn't want to add any stress to him because I figured he'd be having a hard time, the last thing he needed was to see me getting all worked up.  I was fine in the shower, until thoughts of him as a little guy over the years started popping up in my head.
Then a few minutes before it was time to go, he wanted cuddle time with mommy, so we were on the couch cuddling, and then Avery and daddy went upstairs to brush teeth, and more memories started rushing to me, and I lost it right there.  Oy.

Then I was fine at school, I had a lump the size of Texas in my throat when we said goodbye to him, but I was keeping it together, and then Derek asked me how I was doing and again I teared up.

I'm eager to go and pick him up.  His class is about 30 minutes shorter than his preschool class-time was, so its only 2.5 hours, which is ridiculous, however, his class is relatively small, Derek counted 20. I'm just not sure how they are going to learn anything in that amount of time.  We may have to do a little "homeschooling" on the side.
I'm not even sure how i'm going to get grocery shopping done in that time.

Avery is happy about the situation.  She gets my full attention again without any Jadon intruptions, so she's totally happy about it!  The first thing she wanted to do when we got home was play with her doll house together.

No comments: