Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pinterest

Ya gotta love Pinterest!  EVERY time I get on it, I get sucked in!!!!!!!!  Its so horribly addicting!  But it can be addicting in a good way or a bad way, depending on how you use it!  I have found a lot of recipes and great ideas that I've used on it.... like the things i hang the kids artwork on in the stairway....inspired by pinterest.  And my menu board.... also pinterest inspired!  Tonight for dinner we are having some roasted red potatoes that are looking mighty tasty that I got the recipe from pinterest.
But, I've also seen people who use it for pointless reasons..... I wont name names! ;) But dont worry, I dont think anyone who reads here is guilty of this.  I know only intelligent people read my blog ;)

Anyways, just a quick post because I just saw a quote on Pinterest that I thought was really great, and a great reminder and motivator!  This summer has been really tough being motivated to work out, not sure why! I always feel good after I go and once i'm there, but just going is hard.  I know its so important though for my health, and I have totally seen the benefits of regular exercise.  In sept. it will be a year since I started going to toning class with my mother-in-law. Last sept or oct i had written in my journal my weight, and I was surprised to see that it was around 8 pounds more than what I currently weigh! I guess I didn't realize i'd lost more weight.
I haven't lost any weight in the last several months, i'm pretty stuck at this weight, but really i'm not concerned with losing anymore.  I'm totally happy where i'm at!  I've far exceeded my goal weight, and i've tossed all the clothes that I once wore that I had kept when I was heavier in hopes of one day wearing again, except they ended up being much too big.
Someday maybe i'll feel brave enough to announce my current weight and my old weight.... right now, not even my husband knows.  I'm still sensitive about it, and now looking back at my old weight, I gasp at what it was. Thank God i'm tall, otherwise I would have looked like quite a cow!

Anyways, here's the quote I saw on Pinterest.... hope it helps to motivate you all too!

"The pain of being overweight is far worse than the pain of working out."

So true!

No comments: