The house has been on the market for 1 week tomorrow evening. So if you've been wondering where i've been, i've been keeping the house spotless, and trying to occupy the kids and spend more time with them since the last month has been spent on nothing but house preparations. The poor kids have been bored stiff, and it was beginning to show in their attitudes in a BIG way! They missed their parents and were becoming bored and stir crazy.
Anyways, so we had 2 showings so far. Less than we thought, but I think we were both preparing for a massive herd of showings. The first showing was a couple, and they thought the house was lovely, but they were looking for a bigger back yard. Cant blame them! So are we! ;)
Today we had the second showing which was apparently investors looking for a rental property who liked the house but are more interested in a single story.
So, we continue to wait for the right people. This week our realtor will be having an open house for other realtors to come and look at the house. She does this rather than have open houses for potential buyers since in all her many years of selling houses, having open houses for buyers rarely sold houses, and it was usually the neighbors who wanted to snoop. Instead, she has an open house for other realtors, and has drawings for giftcards to draw them in, and food, so then the realtors can go to their clients and say "hey, I have a house to show you that I think you're really going to like!"
So, i'm hoping this will bring in more showings! We've had really really positive comments by the previous realtors.
So, i'll leave you with that! I hope that really really really quickly I can post in the title "SOLD!"
No comments:
Post a Comment