Jadon doesnt often tell us much what he's thinking or feeling, probably because he either doesnt understand it or doesnt know how to explain it. So he apparently said something about Derek going to Wisconsin again to his councellor, who then told us that Jadon was a little anxious about Derek going to Wisconsin. This was news to us. As far as we knew, Jadon couldnt have cared less. He's alot like me and keeps his emotions bottled up inside... both happy and sad ones.
So, Jadon was VERY anxious while Derek was gone, and would not go to sleep at night, once asleep he didnt sleep much, and getting him to school was an absolute nightmare.... I wish I could have seen what my blood pressure was at during those 3.5 days. It was very frustrating.
Monday I had to go grocery shopping. Everytime i go grocery shopping, when I leave the cart to get something off a shelf, I turn around to find Avery making out with the shopping cart handle.... AND. I. JUST. ABOUT. DIE.
Its so discusting!!!! Grocery cart handles are one of the dirtiest things you ever touch, let alone put your MOUTH on!!!! Dirtier than a toilet seat!!!!!! Oh barf!!!!!! Then in the car after our grocery trips, her hands are all over in her mouth and nose...............So on monday, I was prepared! I took a hand sanitizer wipe in with me (since Winco does not offer cart wipes for their carts... by the way, thanks winco for that.) Wiped the cart down really good.
Of course, this particular trip, she barely even touched the cart with her hands, let alone her mouth. And when we got in the car, as usual, I made her wipe her hands with a wipe. And of course this time her hands were no where near her eyes/nose/mouth. So, of course, the day i'm prepared to fight off the germs, she does not do anything gross. However, had I not washed the cart, or her hands, her mouth would have been all over the cart, and her hands would have been all over in her mouth and nose.
Such is life.
Derek and I have been talking about how exhausted Jadon has been making us over these last couple months. He has literally worn us out. I have not done anything fun with these kids, and I feel terrible. I used to do crafts with them all the time, or take them places, but I feel like Jadon has kindof sucked the energy out of us lately. Monday I decided that while Derek was gone I needed to try to do at least a little something fun with the kids, so we made our own pizzas. I bought a pack of 3 mini crusts and put out some toppings that we all like and I made my pizza first because I knew they'd hog all the toppings, and its a good things because shortly after they started in, Avery sneezed on the cheese. Anyways, they had fun making their pizzas, and it was a short enough "activity" that it kept their attention, yet long enough that it satisfied them.
Jadon's turned out pretty decent. Avery's had an inch of cheese on it, so I intervened and removed a bit so that it would cook.
Avery, of course, did not eat her pizza though.
And Jadon does not like leftover pizza, so basically I ate most of the pizza over the course of the next 3 days.
Wednesday, we had a playdate after preschool with a buddy from Jadon's preschool and his younger twin brothers. All the kids enjoyed that, and it was the only non-rainy day out of like 5 days, so we got lucky. It was still chilly, and breezy, but the kids didnt notice. They had a grand time climbing the trees, and that one was big enough for all 5 to get in, unfortunately its impossible to get a picture of 5 kids ages 5 and under to look at you at the same time and smile for a picture.
So friday was a big day for a little girl who's growing up too fast. After months and months of me not wanting to convert Averys crib into a toddler bed, we finally, on a whim, converted it. So now, my baby girl, is one step further away from being my baby. :*(
She was scared of her "new" bed when she took her nap, but did pretty good last night. She stayed in bed! And didn't even get out of bed this morning when she woke up! I sent Jadon in her room to get her out of bed. She'll get the hang of it.... in fact, i'm sure next week at this time i'll be blogging about how she wont stay in her bed anymore and i'm ready to rip my hair out. :)
And one final piece of information for the week. Jadon has a new tooth coming in! However, he has not lost a tooth yet. This tooth is coming in directly behind one of his baby teeth. I've been feeling his baby tooth, and it isnt loose yet. Although last night I felt it, and it looks like it might be getting a tad bit loose..... so, we'll see!!!!! I am going to sew up a tooth fairy pillow of some sort. I have to find one that I like first though. I'm trying to get Jadon really excited about having a new tooth, a loose tooth, and losing a tooth, because he got a bit freaked out at first about the thought of losing a tooth and was worrying. So, ive been trying to build it into a big exciting thing! Probably wont work since nothing seems to calm his fears. But yes, we might have a loose/lost tooth pretty soon!! Both my babies are growing up so fast! :*( Waaaahhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment